Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratch on mettalic paint

Options
  • 07-08-2009 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Was parked at the airport about a month ago and when I came back was greeted with a 9 inch scratch on my door pannel left by a trolley I guess. Wish people would be a bit more carefull. About half the scratch is very light and the other half is a bit deeper. Enought to feel your nail catch in it when you drag it over it.

So first off i got a scratch remover liquid and used this on the light part which made it better but still notcieable. I then got the three pen kit from Halfords to see could I fix the deep part of the scratch. I used several layers of the primer to start and I also used it on a stone chip on the bonnet. Now the primer was slightly higher than the paint work so I used 1500 grade wet and dry sandpaper to lightly sand it down.

Now when I look at the areas that I sanded down they are duller than the rest of the paint. It seems that the mettalic from the paint seems to be sanded out. Also the paint that I got doesnt seem to be an exact macth.

Anyone any ideas or do they know anyone who can do a professional job around Clare.

Thanks

Advertisement