Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch advice

Options
  • 07-08-2009 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

So getting married next year and I would like to get a decent watch for the event and to use as a "suit" watch.

So I am looking for a good watch. As it will be a suit watch needs a letter strap. Looking for a swiss style watch something like Baume & Mercier, but I would like something heavier. Which is a bit of an issue.

Generally these watches tend to be lighter wheras I prefer to know that I am wearing the watch if that makes sense

So folks.. give a man a hand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

My bad

Say up to 1000 or so.,

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Avant Garde

The Tissot Racing with black strap and black dial is quite big, although it may be a bit too sporty for a suit. Costs around €500, which is expensive for a Tissot. Other thing is Tissot wouldn't really be in the same calibre as Baume et Mercier. Frederique Constant and Longines could be other brands that might interest you. If you upped your budget a bit, you could get a Breitling Colt with black strap and black dial, SuperQuartz battery lasting 8 years for about €1875 with probably 7.5-10% discount on top. Its more expensive, but would definately be worth it and would last for years

See I can claim a certain amount of tax back when I leave the country as well.. i live outside the EU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭evil-yoda

have you ever heard of Sinn watches? theyre really excellent, and look cool!
    http://www.sinn.de/
    you should give them a look!

A bricks and morter shop either in Ireland or Noreway as I can claim tax either way..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

if you happen to be going to the us then you are really in buisness, there are sales everywhere, plus in some stores you get another 10% off when you show your passport, + a dandy exchange rate.

Advertisement