Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social care practice and sports science and health..2009

Options
  • 07-08-2009 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hello...im hoping to do social care practice or sports science and health this year in i.t.t and wondering does anyone what the approx cao points needed will be? ur help will be appreciated..!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

"Grade D3 in five Leaving Certificate subjects, including Mathematics and English or Irish" is about the only thing I could find.

In general though you should be fine with whatever you got. Tallaght has issues with a lack of interest of new students to the college so most people who apply for the various courses get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

Hi OP,
    Social care practice is a new course so their was no points requirements. But the other posters info was right. Did you have any luck with either course? Im hoping to do the social care practice course too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Social care and the associated jobs in this area are practically non existent at the moment. Even if you do get qualified how will you get a job?

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Social care and the associated jobs in this area are practically non existent at the moment. Even if you do get qualified how will you get a job?

You do realise that the end result of college for a lot of people isn't "get a job in such and such" and that OP could be doing it more for love of the chosen subject than getting a job.

Teferi wrote: »
    You do realise that the end result of college for a lot of people isn't "get a job in such and such" and that OP could be doing it more for love of the chosen subject than getting a job.

Yeh doing a course for fun? Going to college but not getting a job afterwards-wtf?

I guess the OP won't have a choice anyway-- i know people who have a masters of social work from ucd and 3 years work experience-who cant get a job.

• Advertisement

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Yeh doing a course for fun? Going to college but not getting a job afterwards-wtf?

I....uhm.....uh...

I'll just leave it. There isn't any point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

Teferi wrote: »
    I'll just leave it. There isn't any point.

Ha,
    spot on

Unless the OP is some millionaire who dosen't have to work then he/she should not go to college. Unless of course this college is seen as one of those places full of wasters killing time before getting a real job.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 irishbambi

Im doing that course :D cant wait

Advertisement