Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Taste Fest

Options
  • 07-08-2009 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I took my three kids down to Botanic Gardens to have a look at the taste fest (anything to avoid cooking!), and was appalled that it was going to cost me £10 for me and a fiver each for the two older nippers (10 and 7), and nothing for my youngest if I could convincingly bluff that he was under 5 - and all that's just to get into the park, food would presumably be extra. We ended up going to an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet instead and now the kids won't need to eat until next week... Has anyone been to the fest, and is it worth that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It looks pretty impressive from the view I have of it from the new Queen's library - just a shame they play music concert style non-stop all day;) Food is extra on top of those prices, seems well out of the reach of families! (It is 'only' a fiver per head if you're in before 5pm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ceepeedee

pow wow wrote: »
    It looks pretty impressive from the view I have of it from the new Queen's library - just a shame they play music concert style non-stop all day;) Food is extra on top of those prices, seems well out of the reach of families! (It is 'only' a fiver per head if you're in before 5pm)

Yes, that's the first time I've set eyes on the QUB library - very impressive! 20 years ago I'd a room in the old white cube that was the David Bates building on that very site... I got my taste fest music for free then lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Abedonders

Hi there.
    We cycled down, intending to go in but as a cheapskate I wouldn't pay that £5.00 in. It's like paying to get in to a restaurant, so that you can then buy a meal. Was there an entrance fee in previous years? I can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Benandonner

ceepeedee wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the fest, and is it worth that?

Been to the original in Chicago. Isn't worth it, too expensive and there's the Continental Market in Belfast anyway.

Advertisement