Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do they get the figs into the fig roll?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Is it a case that we have a female roll and a male fig. When both get older and love each other very much the fig slides itself into the roll?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

No it's more a case of the roll sneaks up on the fig and engulfs it. leave them alone long enough and you won't have a fig, only a fat roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

My cousin once asked that question when he was staying over in my house, right before we went to sleep. We laughed for a half hour straight. I still dont know why, it wasn't funny and we weren't intoxicated. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Hmm-- sex, food and sleep - you represented all three "states of being male" in one little thread:D:D:D- amazing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Deki wrote: »
    Hmm-- sex, food and sleep - you represented all three "states of being male" in one little thread:D:D:D- amazing!
    *Takes a bow*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Hey, I find that offensive. All the women I know (knew) only thought about those three things aswell. Half the time they were worse

• Advertisement

No !;)We don't admit anything Toast. Must have been women from Mars or maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Fig wasps use their paralysing sting to immobilise healthy rolls and lay their eggs in their flesh. The eggs hatch into fig larvae. The ones you see in shops are deliberately implanted, and euthanised just before the larvae pupate. In nature, the unfortunate roll is devoured from the inside by the larvae, which eventually burst out of their host as adult fig wasps, invariably killing the host. The cycle of life repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

the rolls are sticky traps
    when a fig gets caught on one,
    it struggles to escape
    wrapping itself in the dough

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

They just did!!!........leave it now.....somethings one should not need to know!!!

they line all the fig rolls up and a Annie Oakley type loads her rifle with fig and fires away.the ones she misses are crumbled up and used in bread pudding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement