Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh my god

Options
  • 06-08-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

I saw something last year in the sky whole road saw it here,at first we thought it was a comet or something like that but then it changed direction and starting coming down it was i am sure some distance away and was huge to my eye so how big was it if in front of it?
    I also used a telescope we had a loan of here in the house and i got a real view of the thing and it was in flames.It
    was moving all over place up and down then went straight down towards the ground but lost site of it behind the houses.
    Anyhows we watched it for a good ten minutes and it had a tail of fire. I was thinking wow a plane on fire or something crashing.
    That was wrong because there was no plane crashes or comets or anything reported i checked all the sites and listened to the news.
    I wish i had of taken a pic of it,this was last year.
    However i was browsing other day on you tube and found a video someone had filmed from somewhere else in world exact same thing recent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBjAxQ8DQtQ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Overblood wrote: »
    What?

oh be quiet you sceptic :p:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Overblood wrote: »
    What?
    What he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

what did they say it was on utube I have no sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I'm pretty sure Overblood wasn't saying "what" to be sceptical, but really more like "what the hell are you talking about?" because your post reads like one long inarticulate undescriptive and unbroken sentence which doesn't really help anyone understand what you're trying to say.

But I wouldn't presume to speak for OB. It's certainly my opinion though.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Its a metoer
    WHAT?
    Or a aurora like someone commented on utube
    WHAT?
    Maybe a cloud catching the sun in a certain way
    WHAT?

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Its a metoer
    WHAT?
    Or a aurora like someone commented on utube
    WHAT?
    Maybe a cloud catching the sun in a certain way
    WHAT?

someone through a smoke out of a plane set a cloud on fire, I just heard it on the pews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

Where was this exactly because to me it looks extremely like a "Dump N Burn"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdGRJT5Lh5o

id say you might of hit the nail.

I'm pretty sure Overblood wasn't saying "what" to be sceptical, but really more like "what the hell are you talking about?" because your post reads like one long inarticulate undescriptive and unbroken sentence which doesn't really help anyone understand what you're trying to say.

But I wouldn't presume to speak for OB. It's certainly my opinion though.

What?

Sorry hehe i do write fast sometimes and i was tired aswell :o
    I saw that thing a year ago in the sky,they are seeing them all over the world in last two years.

• Advertisement

Nope not even close to that ;)

shqipshume wrote: »
    Nope not even close to that ;)

I taake it you know what it is then, pleasae do share;)

fintonie wrote: »
    what did they say it was on utube I have no sound.

They said it was a ball of fire that the people filmed on their digital camera.They watched it fly across the sky for fifteen minutes.

This is another one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7AXEIJ5SB8&feature=related

fintonie wrote: »
    I taake it you know what it is then, pleasae do share;)

I don't know what it is.But the one i saw traveled real slow and changed direction couple of times.
    It was very freaky :eek: I watched it through the telescope,and there was no black smoke just fire :confused:

I don't know what it is.But the one i saw traveled real slow and changed direction couple of times.
    It was very freaky :eek: I watched it through the telescope,and there was no black smoke just fire :confused:

in the vid footage it moved from side to side, and black smoke there not 1800 Granada diesel engines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I saw something last year in the sky whole road saw it here,at first we thought it was a comet or something like that but then it changed direction and starting coming down it was i am sure some distance away and was huge to my eye so how big was it if in front of it?
    I also used a telescope we had a loan of here in the house and i got a real view of the thing and it was in flames.It
    was moving all over place up and down then went straight down towards the ground but lost site of it behind the houses.
    Anyhows we watched it for a good ten minutes and it had a tail of fire. I was thinking wow a plane on fire or something crashing.
    That was wrong because there was no plane crashes or comets or anything reported i checked all the sites and listened to the news.
    I wish i had of taken a pic of it,this was last year.
    However i was browsing other day on you tube and found a video someone had filmed from somewhere else in world exact same thing recent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBjAxQ8DQtQ

The video looks like a satellite re-entry. Space is full of junk, if you're lucky you will catch a small piece every so often. I'm not sure how frequent a re-entry of the magnitude you describe is observed - I saw something similar a number of years ago.

You managed to keep the scope on it throughout all its movements? What setup were you using?

efla wrote: »
    The video looks like a satellite re-entry. Space is full of junk, if you're lucky you will catch a small piece every so often. I'm not sure how frequent a re-entry of the magnitude you describe is observed - I saw something similar a number of years ago.

You managed to keep the scope on it throughout all its movements? What setup were you using?

I dont know anything about scopes this is the one,i adjusted as needed and it was clear and as close as i would be to this computer that i could see it.
    This is the one we were using.
    bushnelldeepspace525x3telescope.jpg
    The first video was more recent then when i saw it but from what i saw on you tube there is loads of them been seen all over place at different times,and not explained.But yes i watched whole time until it went out of view.
    And from the view of it without the scope it was huge and you could make out a long tail of fire.It was very odd.I looked up satellite reentry videos and it looked nothing like it.

Advertisement