Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good fishing spots in limerick/clare area

Options
  • 06-08-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

i've never been fishing before so i'm looking for some
    tips on what might be good rivers or lakes to try my
    luck. i know that to fish for trout and salmon i'd need
    a licence but i'm not sure if that's the right place to
    start just yet.
    any help would be great, please and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 OutsideLane

dantes74 wrote: »
    i've never been fishing before so i'm looking for some
    tips on what might be good rivers or lakes to try my
    luck. i know that to fish for trout and salmon i'd need
    a licence but i'm not sure if that's the right place to
    start just yet.
    any help would be great, please and thanks

You don't need a licence for trout and heres a link to the local fisheries board angling guide http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/game/game_map.htm
    Trout are found in all the rivers and lakes in the Lim/Clare area, but catching them can be another matter! Some of the smaller lakes in Clare (e.g. Doolough) have big stocks of small trout. Best of luck.

Most rivers in the area are closed for salmon fishing. Mulcair is open but you'll need a Mulcair permit and salmon license. The angling shops (e.g. Steve's (Market) or John Doherty (opp. jail) or Bonds (Wickham St.)) should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hi All!

Could I please bump this - Have the same query exactly, am interested in anywhere within a reasonable travel distance of Limerick and am a total Noob to all of this.

- Just thought it might be a nice way to pass some time now that the long hot Summer is just around the corner!!!

Advertisement