Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album Review RSS feeds

Options
  • 06-08-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some good sites or feeds for latest album reviews?

Got pitchfork & rolling stone's but looking for something that covers more electronic stuff....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Boomkat is a great site - they are selling and do a great job of making you buy but I've yet to be disappointed with anything I've bought there.

www.boomkat.com

Resident Advisor can also be good -

www.residentadvisor.net

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fuse

Nice one, Resident Advisor is perfect, forgot about that site.
    Bookmarked Boomkat too, pity it doesn't have RSS

I used to read a site called Almost Cool Music Reviews til yer man stopped posting to it. Archive is still up and worth a look, great reviews.

Actually, I see Younger Brother in your recently played - did you recommend that album to me recently in another thread about goa etc?

Anyway, picked it up - great album! Could be The Cure at times during it, especially later on, dunno which track now off hand.

Yeah could well have been me alright. I love that album. It's hard to classify alright, I think of Pink Floyd sometimes when listening to it.
    Quality production.

Yeah defo hear Pink Floyd in it too, amazing what Simon Posford has delivered over the years... I'll never forget hearing LSD by Hallucinogen for the first time all those years ago.

• Advertisement

Ha, Shpongle was my first introduction. Blew my mind! He's got a bit of midas touch. He's working on a new Younger Brother album at the mo, looking forward to that.

I only ever bought 'Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost' by Shpongle, great album too, must pick up the rest of them. Keep meaning to dig back into the Twisted discography.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I only ever bought 'Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost' by Shpongle, great album too, must pick up the rest of them. Keep meaning to dig back into the Twisted discography.

Check out Tales of the Inexpressible I think I prefer that to Nothing Lasts. They're workin on a new album aswell apparently

Advertisement