Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isa mailing list

Options
  • 06-08-2009 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I signed up to the Irish Surfing Association mailing list last year and it seems they have passed this onto a third party. At first i thought these were ISA posts but have subsequently found out they weren't. This annoys me as i generally dont sign up to mailing lists to avoid spam. My email address wasn't even blind copied and so could be viewed by everyone else on the list. Seems to go against the data protection act. Has anyone else had this issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 veganman

Had the same issue and in fairness they removed my email address after i complained but didnt respond to my query from were they got it.

The ISA is a national organisation and i dont think they would pass on this info as it wouldnt be in their interest. The ISA and the surf schools website were both designed by the same company and this is a possible explanation. This is probably more serious as far as i know there is a 3000euro minimum fine for abuses of the Data protection act.

Advertisement