Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trees cut

Options
  • 06-08-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

does anyone else here think its a real shame that the trees there on the old golf links road were cut down to make way for cycle path/footpath? Place looks very strange and bare without them. I dont see why the path could not have been designed to be to around the other side of them. I suppose theres not much can be done about it now though but place looks crap without them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I passed it yesterday just after they were cut down and it did look very bare alright.

It is high time that they did something about that road though its a joke considering the volume of the traffic passing that the road has not been widened before. Hopefully they will widen it and not put another silly and useless footpath bigger than the road itself and on which only about 4 people and a dog walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

My mother-in-law lives in one of the houses across from where the trees used to be, and she has been at the council for ages, asking them not to cut the trees down. So she was a gutted when they were taken down, as the trees have been there since before she was born.

While I welcome the upgrade of the road I don't understand why they couldn't have worked around the trees - some creative thinking perhaps. Oh hold on it's the council we're talking about here.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It would have had to be creative thinking of Einstein proportions. If people had a choice between the trees and half their front garden being dug up I wouldn't imagine there would be many complaining about the trees

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

i passed it today, i grew up in that estate! so odd to see it like that, many a day we congregated under those threes to shelter from the rain.....

Advertisement