Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offering Discounts - Getting it out there?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Okay, so I made the decision that advertising is very expensive and sometimes difficult to guage. I have a good idea how much each new client costs in advertising. I then thought wouldn't it be great if I didn't have to advertise but could give the next new client back the marginal cost of my advertising associated with getting them through the door!!

I am currently email (sorry world!) every email address I can find advising people this (I simplified it a little). So far I have sent a lot of emails, and yes I have got some responses but would like a few more. I really hate the idea of emailing but don't know any other way to do what I want to do on the cheap so I can give the client back their portion of my advertising bill. Has anyone any other idea?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

MB74 wrote: »
    Okay, so I made the decision that advertising is very expensive and sometimes difficult to guage. I have a good idea how much each new client costs in advertising. I then thought wouldn't it be great if I didn't have to advertise but could give the next new client back the marginal cost of my advertising associated with getting them through the door!!

I am currently email (sorry world!) every email address I can find advising people this (I simplified it a little). So far I have sent a lot of emails, and yes I have got some responses but would like a few more. I really hate the idea of emailing but don't know any other way to do what I want to do on the cheap so I can give the client back their portion of my advertising bill. Has anyone any other idea?

Thanks.

the marginal cost of getting "them" through the door - who picks up the tab for all the punters who didn't come through the door and you paid in advertising? and will your margin cover the costs of advertising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Maybe marginal might not have been the best word, but roughly speaking my advertising cost equates to 2/3rds of new business revenue, so from this I can theoretically not advertise and afford to rebate any new client an equivalent amount off the price.

Hope this makes sence.

Advertisement