Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rounded buttons

Options
  • 06-08-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

anyone got an easy way of making rounded buttons to use on a webpage ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

very simple.
    a rectangular drawing with 7-8px corner radius, a bit of drop-shadow effect, the white shadow at the top and linear background color....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Try: http://www.roundedcornr.com/
    Scroll down for the "Single RoundedCornr Image" section. You can use the generated graphic as a background for your buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭thecelt

thanks for the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

there are already done for you on ms expression web 2. you can edit them too. just, insert> interactive buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Tim M-U wrote: »
    there are already done for you on ms expression web 2. you can edit them too. just, insert> interactive buttons

Are they cross-browser ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

it works on my browser!

Tim M-U wrote: »
    it works on my browser!

?? Please tell me you're taking the piss with that comment ? I hope so, since your profile sig says "Webmaster" !!!!

If that was the only criteria that a Webmaster / Designer had to deal with, we could all charge about 30% less for sites!

ANYTHING for the web nowadays needs to AT LEAST work in IE8, IE7, IE6, Firefox 2 & 3, and Google Chrome, and probably with Opera and Safari as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

jaysus chill pill

have a nice selection on my blog
    http://ilovenicii.com/?p=80

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    ANYTHING for the web nowadays needs to AT LEAST work in IE8, IE7, IE6, Firefox 2 & 3, and Google Chrome, and probably with Opera and Safari as well.
    Anyone who still uses IE6 doesn't deserve the effort it takes just to make stuff appear where it should appear. Never mind them, let them live in frustration or upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

ScumLord wrote: »
    Anyone who still uses IE6 doesn't deserve the effort it takes just to make stuff appear where it should appear. Never mind them, let them live in frustration or upgrade.

You mean the >15% market share that could be potentially lost if your site is unusable?

• Advertisement

recent site we released, stats from google analtyics

Internet Explorer
    17,081 72.80%
    Firefox
    4,560 19.44%
    Chrome
    936 3.99%
    Safari
    665 2.83%
    Opera
    160 0.68%

i.e
    7,002 40.99%
    i.e
    5,429 31.78%
    i.e
    4,639 27.16%

apparently windows 7 will allow users to choose which browser to install, there was some case on unfair competition or something silly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You mean the >15% market share that could be potentially lost if your site is unusable?
    Just put a warning up instead calling them stupid and backwards telling them to upgrade. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

If you re-read what Liam said = 'AT LEAST work'

Nobody expects pixel perfection when it comes to IE6

No need for a chill-pill; I only commented because Tim's sig says "Webmaster", and for anyone who views themselves as that to say "it works in my browser" is just asking for trouble.

Yes, ideally EVERYONE would be standards-compliant, but lots of corporate environments and home users won't have rolled out particular upgrades for a multitude of reasons.

And even the stats are unreliable; if you have a techy site, you'll get stats that show people who have probably upgraded as soon as a new release comes out.

I'd be interested in the stats that show up for general purpose sites, such as Google itself, or FaceBook, or whatever.

Oh, and given the reponse that Internet Explorer had to one script I had that manipulated select boxes using jQuery (1.2 secs for all other browsers, 22 seconds for IE - and IE ALSO managed to refuse to show and hide the "Please Wait..." overlay) I was VERY tempted to pop up a message "GET A DECENT BROWSER, FFS!", but unfortunately that would do the client a disservice, as they would lose business from potential customers who haven't upgraded or changed to a proper browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Like it or not IE6 is still the most used browser - I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭thecelt

just found its so easy to make buttons in fireworks, much easier than messing about with photoshop

Advertisement