Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If i've failed maths does that mean i've to repeat?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Going for law in UCC but totally messed up HL Maths... Think i did well otherwise, but im terrified i'll my points then have to repeat anyway. So does failing maths mean i've failed my whole leaving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Certain courses require you to pass maths, you'll have to check out the requirments for that particular course.
    Repeating is not your only option, there are other ways to get around it.
    Some colleges offer maths resit at the end of August or you could do a PLC course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Nope.

Read UCC's general and law specific matriculation requirements and if there's no mention of having to pass maths, you're fine.

Failing your "whole leaving cert" if you fail Irish, English or Maths is a myth that seems to be quite widespread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 shane154

Thanks! Id rather die than do another Maths exam though haha

Either way you don't have to do your Leaving Cert so you don't have to repeat. Lots of mature students in college don't have Leaving Certs.

I'd like to add that I failed my Maths, Physics, and Applied Maths in my Leavng Cert, and now have a Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

If I can get on a course, then so should you be able to. Depends on what you put on your CAO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 shane154

To be more specific, i meant would I have to repeat if i want to do the Law course..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

UCC site wrote:
    CK301 Law

Minimum Grade HC3 in two
    subjects and passes in four other subjects at H or O
    level in the Leaving Certificate from Irish*, English,
    another language* and three other subjects
    recognised for entry purposes.

from here.

I just found that on the website, not that hard to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Can there be some kind of sticky made about this? This question comes up an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

shane154 wrote: »
    Going for law in UCC but totally messed up HL Maths... Think i did well otherwise, but im terrified i'll my points then have to repeat anyway. So does failing maths mean i've failed my whole leaving?

No way.. you will only have to repeat Maths, if you fail it! Which you won't, of course!

What a **** paper though.. what the crap was happening with that paper 1!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement