Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for kitten in sligo town area

Options
  • 06-08-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

am missing my pets back home with the parents so would love a cat to keep me company.

looking for kitten that i can view the mother or both parents hopefully. preferably short hairs! :D

thanks everyone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

Did you try calling the Sligo SPCA? They have a number of cats who have had kittens, and I know they are likely looking for rehoming. It's BIG kitty season.

You can also get vouchers for spading and neutering and they will give them shots/worming.

Just give them a call: 071-91 67737 or 087-2166216.

http://www.sspca.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I thought the SSPCA was closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Buddinplant, one of my workmates has a litter she needs homes for - they're black and white and very cute. I think they're about 9 weeks old, so their ready to go any day. Drop me a pm and we can set up you meeting the cuties.

^^ Think we've finally got homes for all mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

magnumlady wrote: »
    I thought the SSPCA was closed?

Nope, they are still opened but struggling AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I walked up there at the weekend and it is closed apart from two hours on a Saturday as they are hoping to renovate the place.
    They had phone numbers up though and are still looking for homes for animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi there,

My friend was driving home from work this evening and came across a kitten on the road.. She hopped out of the car.. only to find 4 more in a plastic bag!!

At this stage.. we have been to the vet. They are in good health, one of them has an eye infection, but apart from that they are just very hungry!!

We have found homes for two of them, and we have three left looking for good homes! We have two boys and a girl, they are approximately 5-6 weeks old, so we would need someone who is able to manage them that young.

My mate has a cat already and lives in a built up area, and I have four cats, so unfortunately we cant keep them.

Any help at all would be great!!!

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Hi there,

My friend was driving home from work this evening and came across a kitten on the road.. She hopped out of the car.. only to find 4 more in a plastic bag!!

At this stage.. we have been to the vet. They are in good health, one of them has an eye infection, but apart from that they are just very hungry!!

We have found homes for two of them, and we have three left looking for good homes! We have two boys and a girl, they are approximately 5-6 weeks old, so we would need someone who is able to manage them that young.

My mate has a cat already and lives in a built up area, and I have four cats, so unfortunately we cant keep them.

Any help at all would be great!!!

Thank you

Whart ba*&erd put the kittens in aplastic bag? That really makes me angry.:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

Use the numbers on the SSPCA to contact them. 071-91 67737 or 087-2166216. They have plenty of cats, and you will be able to see the moms.

At the time we were looking for kittens back in March, they didn't have any kittens ready. We adopted from someone in Leitrim (met on boards.ie here) I didn't realise there was 'kitten season' and there would be loads of cats in summer.

I called and organised the neutering vouchers with the busy volunteers. This is a HUGE savings, and you should avail of it. €50+ per cat w/o voucher and 20-30 (depending on gender) with voucher.

Off topic: I was kind of amazed, I saw a money collector person for the Ash Animal Rescue in Wicklow way up here in Sligo raising money. He was a fella from the US, so he's sort of just traveling, getting free expenses and seeing the country. They are busing them all over the country. Very organised. I'd say our own SPCA could use the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Hi there, I volunteer at the sspca and there are 11 or 12 kittens and 5 adult cats up there at the moment for rehoming, theres a mixture of males and females and they are all incredibly cute :D To get in touch with them you need to ring the mobile number as there isint always somebody up there. Iv plenty of photos I can post up of them if your interested in adopting any of them just ask and il do it no bother, just have to take them off the camera :D

Advertisement