Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grenades & Shells

Options
  • 06-08-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking about getting into Airsoft and I had a couple of questions about grenades and bullets.

I've got a bit of disposable cash, so once I get kitted out, I was thinking of getting a few toys that will probably only be used to re-enact famous film scenes in front of the mirror at home.

The first question is about grenades, in particular, the kind that fire from launchers. How do these work? Is the shell fired and then the BBs come out of it, or does the shell remain in the gun and it just fires the BBs out of it? Also, do you put the gas in the launcher of the shell, or does it depend on the type of grenade?

Secondly, I say this and like the idea of playing with a revolver. But does anyone know what the story is with how many shots you get from revolvers (in general). The Magnum I linked takes 5 shells, and each shell takes gas. But I wasn't sure if you only get one BB per shell, or does it hold a couple?

And finally, does anyone ever use revolvers in skirmishes? I realise they're fiddly, but I'd guess this would be counter-balanced by the immense sense of "cool" you feel when reloading (until you're shot in the ass when you're not looking).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

the m203 grenades take a fill of gas each and anything from about 18-240 bb's each and when the are fired the shell stays in the launcher and the bb's are fire out and shower who ever is in front of it:)

and for revolvers they generally only take one bb per shell (for realism). i think there is some that dont take shells and hold about 20 bbs but as far as i know they are not great.

also you might wanna change the bullets to bb's in the title of your thread:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thanks for that.

I had it as bullets as I'm talking about the bullets that go in the revolvers not the BB's that go into those. I changed it to shells now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Evansy

The one you linked to is only one shot per shell.
    TM revolvers also use shells but hold 4bbs per shell and use them as a magazine of sorts and only fire one bb per trigger pull.
    The other main type of revolver has an internal magazine in the cylinder so you can fit more than one bb into that chamber then you fill another single bb into each of the remaining chambers then as the cylinder rotates and an empty chamber passes over the internal magazine it is reloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I always thought it was slightly amusing that airsoft grenade launchers actually function more like shotguns than airsoft shotguns do.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

I use the 30$ revolver in skirmishes, and I love it. The mag holds practically nothing, but the weight is amazing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement