Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recomend a car

Options
  • 06-08-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

My sister in law's looking for a new car. Any recomendations appreciated. She currently drive a 1l corsa (1997) which she needs to trade or get rid of! So heres the particulars:
    1. Budget of €5000 + trade in (probably worthless!)
    2. Low ongoing running costs
    3. Reliable
    4. Something comfortable; she's does a nice bit of mileage with 30miles commute each day plus generally at least 1 longer trip (cork-Dublin, Cork-Galway etc etc) each week.
    She's not at all into cars so it doesn't have to be a looker or a crowd pleaser; just cheap and cheerfull!

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,163 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A 1997 Corsa is worth sweet feck all as a trade-in. Give it away or dispose of it for parts, either way she is better off then negotiating a straight deal no trade-in discount price off of the new car.

As for what to recommend, a 1.6 litre Ford Focus would be a good bet imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

I was thinking small diesel myself, maybe something like an Opel Corsa 1.3CDTi or a Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi.

Anyone know anything about these cars? Would they fit the bill?

Advertisement