Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside out contacts?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've been wearing contacts (dailies, every second day on average) since september. I never check if they're inside out before putting them in, but i dont think i've noticed it being a problem. Should i feel some sort of discomfort, or altered vision?. Thanks!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

When they are the right way they will look like a perfectly rounded bowl -
    when they are inside-out they will have a small lip. Look at step 8 in here. Personally find they tend to pop out and are uncomfortable when inserted inside out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Very hard to tell, isn't it? I find sometimes the lens hurts and I pop it out, turn it the other way around and then pop it back in to find the discomfort gone. It doesn't happen very often though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Sometimes there will be a bit of discomfort for me if I put one or both of my lenses in inside out but other times I don't feel anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Hi all. I've been wearing contacts (dailies, every second day on average) since september. I never check if they're inside out before putting them in, but i dont think i've noticed it being a problem. Should i feel some sort of discomfort, or altered vision?. Thanks!.
    +1
    I've started wearing them recently too and I've spent time turning a lens each way and can honestly not see any difference, certainly nothing like the above link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

murrayp4 wrote: »
    +1
    I've started wearing them recently too and I've spent time turning a lens each way and can honestly not see any difference, certainly nothing like the above link
    Weird

They look exactly like the picture to me when inside out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

unreggd wrote: »
    They look exactly like the picture to me when inside out

Same with mine - I wear Ciba Vision Air Optix monthlies. Maybe the difference is more pronounced with some lenses than others? I also think experience with using contact lenses plays a part in seeing the difference as it is subtle. Place the lens on your finger tip and hold the lens up directly in front of your eyes so you're looking at the side of the lens and you should see the difference. It's harder to make out the difference if you are looking at the lens in the palm of your hand imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I use acuvue moist dailies and they've got the numbers 123 on them so you can see if they're the wrong way around. If they're the wrong way around/inside out they hurt like hell it's like getting a big piece of grit in my eye.

Advertisement