Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW

Options
  • 06-08-2009 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

I working in the UK this year and am thinking of getting a BMW 318 so as to take advantage of getting away with the motor tax when/if I return to Ireland after the year is out. I was wondering has anyone bought one over there for about the 2.3 to 3k mark? Will it just fall apart on me? Will I be able to get insured on it when I get back? Is there much room in the coupe when you collapse the seats? ie enough for a bike?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

EDIT - Read it a bit too literally:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I assume he means to avoid paying the VRT. You need to buy the car, run it for at least 6 months over there, then when moving back here for good you can bring it back and clear it without paying VRT, but you can't sell it on for another 12 months after that. Keep all receipts while running the car, they're very thorough.

Advertisement