Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to Remove New CD Player from Old Car

Options
  • 06-08-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have a 97 Clio that I put a CD player in to about 2 years ago.

The car will be getting scrapped soon and I want to get the Cd player out and install (garage will be doing this for me) in to a different car .

I haven't given it a go yet but will this be easy to do without special tools? If not, what would a mechanic likely charge (I assume it's a 5 minute job) to remove a CD player or should I just ask one of the local hoodlums?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you can tell us what type of car you have, it would help. It's pretty easy on most cars. Some will require special tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Ham Slicer

MarkR wrote: »
    If you can tell us what type of car you have, it would help. It's pretty easy on most cars. Some will require special tools.

Hi Mark,

See above - it's a 97 Clio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There are kids in town that will do that for you in two seconds :D

Dending on the make of head unit, you can get special "slimjims" that will fit each side of the head unit and release it from the casing. Any good factors should stock them.

Advertisement