Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printer history recovery

• 06-08-2009 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi

Any of you know much about finding details of what has been printed from a work printer.. I printed an email that i maaaaybe shouldnt have and it might bite me in the ass.. Wondering if they could trace it. I am connect to a single printer. We have an IT company who look after our main servers..... just wondering.. prob nothing but.... just in case

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Usually, yes. Most windows and linux based print servers will log the file in the event viewer. A copy of the file printed might be recoverable in the print spool folder of the windows server, containing the content of the file, username, date/time, the filename and ip of the printing computer.

Also the printer itself may keep a log. And your own computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Drop a crate of beer/Whiskey/Vodka off outside your local BOFH's office door and you should* be ok.......

Advertisement