Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supply company need web designer

Options
  • 06-08-2009 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

Looking for the right company/person to create a web site for a supply company in Ireland.

I believe the saying when you pay cheap you get sh%^.
    I have a budget of 3500 but could go a little further.

Can anyone recommend for me ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Really need some more information.

What size will the website be, what features do you require?

Post up a more detailed spec and I'm sure you'll get some good advice here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

adverts.ie tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 newway

Thanks for the quick responce.

I'm new to all of this.

Basically i will need someone to design the whole lot, logo too.
    We will be shiping with in Ireland.
    Probably 10 pages could be more all goes well.
    I need to be able to update the site often with new products discounts etc plus pics.

I also need to have all major credit cards,laser and paypal on the site too.

I was hoping on here someone could direct me to the right person. As i don't have a clue about web design and don't want to be taken for a ride.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Avoid adverts.ie like the plague. TBH though, your budget may need to stretch depending on your payment requirements, also work requests aren't really allowed here. Best trying google, and checking the quality of sites, or look at a web design gallery such as http://cssmania.com/topics/web-professionals/ireland/ which lists some of us in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

If money is an issue, consider outsourcing the project:

Have a look at http://www.scriptlance.com

EDIT for Irish web developers: don't shout me down for mentioning outsourcing. The OP should be aware of all his options. Please don't reply saying every web developer outside Ireland is crap, like on previous threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

AARRRGH wrote: »
    If money is an issue, consider outsourcing the project:

Have a look at http://www.scriptlance.com

EDIT for Irish web developers: don't shout me down for mentioning outsourcing. The OP should be aware of all his options. Please don't reply saying every web developer outside Ireland is crap, like on previous threads.

They are by no means all crap, but it's not something I'd recommend for someone who isn't entirely sure of his requirements. My experience is that you have to detail everything.

eoin wrote: »
    They are by no means all crap, but it's not something I'd recommend for someone who isn't entirely sure of his requirements. My experience is that you have to detail everything.

Yeah, I agree it doesn't suit everyone, and you're completely right that you have to detail everything.

I'm just letting him know his options. It's possible it would suit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Different strokes for different folks, point out both options (which has already been done) and for the sake of the op, and this entire forum lets leave the debate out for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnd3

Try web design company QuickCMS. I took on a similar sized project with them last month, and they delivered on time. They came up with some great cost saving suggestions for the site as well.

www.quickcms.ie

johnd3 wrote: »
    Try web design company QuickCMS. I took on a similar sized project with them last month, and they delivered on time. They came up with some great cost saving suggestions for the site as well.

www.quickcms.ie

What's the URL of your site?

• Advertisement
Advertisement