Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sat Nav - professionally wired

Options
  • 06-08-2009 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Sat Nav professionally wired up (preferably in the Dublin area) rather than using a 12v socket cable.

It looks a lot neater and I could get another 12v cable should I wish to transfer it for holidays etc. I've driven buses with Sat Nav professionally fitted (as they don't have cigar lighters) so someone must be doing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The guy that fitted my Parrot will do it for you.

Omar from Allfitauto 045 890887 or 087 2285908

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thanks Lex. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I don't know what it would cost, but Garmin have an installation kit for Volvos which i'm sure could be mounted to any car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I did it in my own car. It's quite straightforward... all I did was bought an inline cigarette lighter socket and wired it into the back of the existing cigarette lighter socket. It's hidden in the dash with the normal charger plugged into it, and the USB charge cable emerges at the A-pillar.

Advertisement