Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The future of cars is boring

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That featured briefly on TG I think. Then they set fire to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Maybe the mods should move this to the 'motorhomes & campervans' forum. I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing. :P It was featured on top gear alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

It's not so much the future of cars will be boring as the future of driving will be boring. The relentless assault by the pc correct and the bleeding hearts will stifle and snuff out the beating heart of the internal combustion engine. The worst part is like all excess, it will become the preserve of the rich only, whilst the rest of us potter around a 2mph in a donkey sh1te powered battery car on sunny days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

stratos wrote: »
    It's not so much the future of cars will be boring as the future of driving will be boring. The relentless assault by the pc correct and the bleeding hearts will stifle and snuff out the beating heart of the internal combustion engine. The worst part is like all excess, it will become the preserve of the rich only, whilst the rest of us potter around a 2mph in a donkey sh1te powered battery car on sunny days.

not just that but what's worse is this attitude that mere humans are not good enough to drive cars and everything needs to be done for us by robotic overlords.

i really wouldn't mind a decent electric car like the Lightning GT or something, so long as i can drive it myself

Advertisement