Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on at Sexton St/Roxboro Rd?

Options
  • 05-08-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's happening at the junction of Sexton St and Roxboro Road? The place is completely torn apart.

Sexton St is all closed off, CBS no longer has railings, a garden or a front gate, the lights outside the school are gone and the wall by Johns Pavillion is broken down and turned into a gate.

I know there is a plans to build a road between Sexton St and Cathedral place but surely this road wouldnt involve destroying half of CBS etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I know there is a plans to build a road between Sexton St and Cathedral place but surely this road wouldnt involve destroying half of CBS etc.

I was told this morning that there is a roundabout going there .

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

isn't sexton st to become part of the orbital rote once part pedestrianisation of o' connell st is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭avillan

there will be a road going through st johns pavillion through to sexton st .the traffic on sexton st will flow down to roches st taking the pressure from the william st /gerald st junction .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

jonski wrote: »
    I was told this morning that there is a roundabout going there .

Not another idiotic "too small to be functional" roundabout! FFS! Have these guys not yet copped that tiny roundabouts just allow cars to keep following the ones in front and therefore DO NOT WORK!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Ah spotabout i just can't understand this at all and then moving the pedestrian crossing away from the school its just stupid

• Advertisement
Advertisement