Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seen a massive bright light in the sky

Options
  • 05-08-2009 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Well The moon is out tonight and the sky is dead clear. You will notice venus just to the left of the Moon. But as I walking home, facing east, there was a really bright light probably 4 times as bright as venus(which you can see outside)

This was bloody bright. Then its looked like a UFO, but it then completely disappeared.

This kind of stuff is ****ing with my mind. I do a lot of stargazing and seldomly I sse UFO activity but in the last few weeks it has been very rare.

I only seen this by accident.

I'm sitting going can planes do this? Disappear. I seen this bright light at 3 am before. It is so bright that it would appear to be 4/5 times bigger than a bright star. Seem to stay in one area then vanish.

Has anyone seen this
    The time it happened was 10.32(to be nearly exact)

Don't tell me its a plane, or a satelight cus its not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

If you see it regularly, can you record it or photograph?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

mysterious wrote: »
    Then its looked like a UFO

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I was outside for the last few hours.Didnt see anything odd.
    An aeroplane can disappear if you stay looking at the point you first saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

The bright spot beside the Moon is Jupiter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Iridium flare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

The bright spot beside the Moon is Jupiter

It was four times brighter than jupiter;)

I know what a planet is.

Ziycon wrote: »
    If you see it regularly, can you record it or photograph?

I will do,

But why cant people go out and stargaze.

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    I was outside for the last few hours.Didnt see anything odd.
    An aeroplane can disappear if you stay looking a the point you first saw it.

Yeah but it doesnt dissapear like that, it stayed the same size so it wasn't moving away either so it would go off in the distance. i actually thought it was a really bright star. It was four times brighter than jumpiter and probably about 4 times the size and still able to shine brightly amonsgt the moon. Then vanished. It's a very clear sky too.

Why are you all so cot up with the matrix. Life EXIST on other worlds. Your all brainwashed to think it could never be a UFO.

2 months ago I seen 7 UFOs way above the athmosphere fly accross the sky and going at least 3 times faster than passenger jet. These were massive considering you can see them clearly if there are 2/3 higher up than passenger planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Yeah I seen it. That is to say I saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Well The moon is out tonight and the sky is dead clear. You will notice venus just to the left of the Moon.

That was Jupiter. Venus is not visible until early morning, and it rises nowhere near the moon

We are approaching the perseids meteor shower maximum (August 12th), and a number of fireballs have been reported already.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Why are you all so cot up with the matrix. Life EXIST on other worlds. Your all brainwashed to think it could never be a UFO.
    [semantics]It WAS a UFO, as in it was an object in the sky you couldnt identify. If you mean it could be an alien craft, then say alien craft :)[/semantics]

Your beliefs lead you to surmise that it was of alien origin, but others differ, none of us know what the heck it was, we can only discuss what it MIGHT in all likelyhood be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

2 months ago I seen 7 UFOs way above the athmosphere

How did you get up there? What you sounds like, if indeed you did see anything, has all the characteristics of a typical iridium flare.

Secondly I was looking at the moon at the same time along with everyone else In the country and didnt see it. Perhaps its just you M?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Mysterious, your signature makes no sense.

Anyway, yeah I seen a few bright lights before, and I done a photo of them. You should have did a photo of them.

Theres no need to study when all published knowledge is a product of specific interest, right?

There are many, many explanations for what you saw. I havent forgotten the crap you posted in astronomy and space, and given the fact that you repeatedly see the same phenomena, time and again, and seem content not to explore explanations on the basis of your own self-fulfilling logic of wilful ignorance - why should you expect a reasonable answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Mysterious is an advocate of the Reptilian World Leaders hypothesis.

Overblood wrote: »
    Mysterious is an advocate of the Reptilian World Leaders hypothesis.

Ah... I see :)

efla wrote: »
    Theres no need to study when all published knowledge is a product of specific interest, right?

There are many, many explanations for what you saw. I havent forgotten the crap you posted in astronomy and space, and given the fact that you repeatedly see the same phenomena, time and again, and seem content not to explore explanations on the basis of your own self-fulfilling logic of wilful ignorance - why should you expect a reasonable answer?

Instead of explanation you gave an insult.

That forum your on is what I call an amateur Disney show for astronomers. Well we all have opinions. Now remember how you threw a dig and I turned it around. Your folks don't even understand the workings of your own galaxy never mind the fact the your sun is a binary star system. But again remember the crap you believe is what you are told by nasa.

Only on boards do we preach apathy.
    I still find it amazing that adults on this board behave like children. It really amazes me. But I'm not going to go down that road, your all responsible for how your project yourselves on the board.

But I am going to make myself clear on this thread (from now on)

I don't care of the opinion of what the average Irish joe who does a 9 to 5 job goes home and watch cable tv and gets pissed at the weekend. These kind of people of course are going to dismiss what I saw, because its not something ever actually did, because these people have nothing to say but behave like ignorant mindless projectors.

"Turn off the tv"

What I am looking for is people who saw what I saw and what their opinion was on it.

I have seen other amaing things in the sky. Would you be able for it. So to everyone on this board, you keep living in a fantasy,

Okay you can close this thread now, Because I have dicussed this on other forums and I have pretty much got good answers.:) It seems that My own nation are still not ready. gee

It will be interesting to see the further insults I get.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thread closed, at op request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement