Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tsing Tao 640ml for €2.99 Aldi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thats less than 2x330ml bottles, so more than €1.50 per bottle (if longnecks). There are €1 longnecks readily available so it is not particularly a good price, even if it usually costs more. There is really nothing remarkable about Tsing Tao, tastes like any mass produced stuff to me (i.e. Hoegaarden is a very distinct beer).

Might be ones for fans only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

love ths stuff find it very hard to get-
    where did you see the pound a bottle?

skippy15 wrote: »
    where did you see the pound a bottle?
    Sorry, I meant other similar enough beers are readily available at €1 a bottle these days.

It is always in stock in my O'Briens and I presume others since its even on their site http://www.obrienswine.ie/groups.aspx?groupid=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

rubadub wrote: »
    Thats less than 2x330ml bottles, so more than €1.50 per bottle (if longnecks). There are €1 longnecks readily available so it is not particularly a good price, even if it usually costs more. There is really nothing remarkable about Tsing Tao, tastes like any mass produced stuff to me (i.e. Hoegaarden is a very distinct beer).

Might be ones for fans only.

i really really despair of posts like this, why bother posting on this thread when you've nothing of any worth to comment? you're saying there are 'other' beers available for €1 a bottle, whup-de-do what a newsflash thanks for pointing out the obvious!

the OP is someone pointing out decent value on a PARTICULAR beer. if you don't like that beer don't bother commenting, comments like yours will basically end up with fewer people posting 'bargains' for the rest of us to either take advantage of or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

its sickening to think I was able to buy this large bottle down a hutong in Beijing last year for about 25-30c a bottle in a bar! Thanks OP

• Advertisement

dereko1969 wrote: »
    i really really despair of posts like this, why bother posting on this thread when you've nothing of any worth to comment?
    I have actually made posts similar to yours in beer threads before. But I did add something of worth, I pre-empted the obvious question which comes up, what does it taste like. This is an unusual beer in brand only, there is nothing distinct about it otherwise IMO.

If people post bud/miller/heineken is €1 a bottle, you will see people saying "thats piss, and always that price", etc, and that is pretty pointless, most people know if they like it or not since they are VERY common beers, but it is certainly not the case with this beer. I am sure people wondered if it was something special or different, esp. being a chinese beer.

Also people might have picked up the OP wrongly thinking he meant it tastes like Hoegaarden when he said "Along the lines of the Hoegarden offer". I never said anything bad about the beer either, I drank it in China all the time and liked it, nothing special as I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I think its a nice beer, its no Chang or tiger but i like asian beers more than european or american beers. So this is a good price for this quality of beer.

Advertisement