Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alliance Francaise Courses

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody here has done the Leaving Cert course in the Alliance Francaise and what did they think of it?

Its 320E for 16 weeks of two hour classes on Saturday mornings, so a tenner an hour which is reasonable enough. Or would I be better off getting individual grinds which would be more expensive?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

If its alliance francaise de Cork then I would highly recommend it. I did the year long course for the leaving certificate this year and found it indispensible, especially for the oral. Saturday morning from 11.30 - 1.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CiaraBelle

It's the one in Dublin but I presume the courses would be quite similar? Had a desperate French teacher so hopefully it would help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Hey I've done the Alliance Francaise 5th year and LC courses on saturday mornings in Dublin. IMO they are great for preparing you for the oral and the aural, as the teachers are native French speakers and speak mostly in French during class time. However it's not total French immersion and they will talk in English as well. Plus depending on the group of people there it can be a good laugh whilst learning. The classes are small so better attention for everybody.
    in 5th year alice teaches it and you're just expected to learn the notes and she tests you the following Saturday. You do some oral and you practise with the people in the class. She also gives you mini oral exams to get you into the oral setting.
    In 6th year there are different levels of classes. Severine taught the highest class this year. She's really nice and funny. She speaks mostly in French, but explains verbs, grammar in English. In the LC course you are given written and learning work to do. Severine is also one of the French speakers on the LC tape and an oral examiner in Dublin, but she will not tell you anything about that.
    Marie Odile is the other LC teacher and she's really friendly and experienced in teaching French.
    Hope that was helpful. www.alliance-francaise.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CiaraBelle

Thank you both! :)

Advertisement