Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the week #84: Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:09pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

NO NO NO NO NO
    How the blazes does this beat Entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

Don't know what to say about this album really, other than I LOVE it!!

Brilliant summer record, we played it in the car on the way to Oxegen this year, sun- plitting, it was absolutely glorious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I must say I love this album. Very nice consistent feel to it and every song has a lil bit of magic. Never fails to make me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I just find them irritating tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I think it's a bit disgraceful that these beat Pulp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

El Pr0n wrote: »

Each to their own. I loved both albums but Vampire Weekend pipped it for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

El Pr0n wrote: »

Just weather the storm, like the rest these will be long forgotten about in a year or so.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Just weather the storm, like the rest these will be long forgotten about in a year or so.

Honestly I hope not. Unlike most of the indie parp that's popular these days, these boys are quite special me thinks. Give me another band that combines that classical vibe with those afro beats and then throws in some of their own experiences and I'll pay attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Horribly repetitive record.

Like MGMT, they're a passing fad who will amount to nothing other than this average at best album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Xavi6 wrote: »

Like MGMT, they're a passing fad who will amount to nothing other than this average at best album.

Your wrong. I love that album. 'walcott' and 'kids dont stand a chance' are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Your wrong. I love that album. 'walcott' and 'kids dont stand a chance' are brilliant.

Firstly it's 'you're' and secondly, I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

i bought this for the ex from ebay and told her where to go before I got money off her is it,(I know not a good idea, and she has my Dark Knight dvd, jumper and phone) is it any good? I threw it in a corner to be honest and didn't even look at it:D

I'd disagree. Where MGMT are doing the whole electronic thing which is all the rage, VW have done something quite new and interesting. Plus the new VW's songs are better than their old songs, always a good sign.
    The musical talent in the band is enough to earn them some respect but above and beyond that they've got some craicin' tunes. They should be a welcome addition to the indie world but I fear their relatively sudden popularity will have them branded as a "fad" band and bring on all the hatred from those that find themselves being chronically "cool".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Firstly it's 'you're' and secondly, I'm not.
    It's not a case of being wrong or right - it's opinion. And, generally speaking, I'd like to draw attention to this from the charter: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59593462&postcount=8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

This is one of the best pop albums of the last decade, if not two.

Vampire Weekend for me define the 3 minute pop song. Saw them last year at Oxegen and thought they were a really strong live band too, good stuff!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dceire wrote: »
    This is one of the best pop albums of the last decade, if not two.

Vampire Weekend for me define the 3 minute pop song.

:eek:

I wouldnt go THAT far in saying that. They're good, but they're not THAT good! You're seriously thinking that this album was better than some of the fine masterpieces we've been treated to in the last 20 years?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

:eek:

I wouldnt go THAT far in saying that. They're good, but they're not THAT good! You're seriously thinking that this album was better than some of the fine masterpieces we've been treated to in the last 20 years?!

Well that depends on your definition of 'pop music' i guess, i'd have it in the top 10 but again that depends what is classified as 'pop'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement