Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bent clio

Options
  • 05-08-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

I was driving behind a clio today and notice that the rear end of the car was not aligned with the front. It looked very peculiar, is that what they call a cut and shut?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A bit like this? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's called crabbing I believe. I think it can be caused by really screwed up suspension / steering geometry due to messed up alignment or damage due to knocks to the suspension, but I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

It was well out of alignment, I have seen a few over the years, usually on old minis but not on such a new car, an 02 clio.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm sure a good night on the town and a few strippers would sort it out no problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭artic

It probably looks worse than it is, the car will probably need 4 wheel alignment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Alun wrote: »
    That's called crabbing I believe. I think it can be caused by really screwed up suspension / steering geometry due to messed up alignment or damage due to knocks to the suspension, but I'm not sure.
    You can get anti crab spray in a motor factors to sort that problem out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Was behind a 323F the other day doing the exact same thing. Was unnerving just looking at it. Was going along the road sideways. I could see clearly the 4 wheels from behind with gaps between them:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

EPM wrote: »
    Was behind a 323F the other day doing the exact same thing. Was unnerving just looking at it. Was going along the road sideways. I could see clearly the 4 wheels from behind with gaps between them:eek:

I was alos driving behind a teleporter the other day and its was out a mile :eek:

Advertisement