Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Studies - looking to retrain - need guidance!

Options
  • 05-08-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone can perhaps give me some pointers here. I work in the legal sector and I my most recent qualification is law diploma.

After much thought, I'm looking to retrain as a social care worker and I am not sure how to go about this in terms of:

a) The colleges offering decent, recognised social studies courses (diploma/degree/whatever is out there that is worthwhile undertaking I'll consider)

b) Should I finish my law degree and then go on to do social studies - is this possible?

c) I don't want to do a law/social sciences thing as I want practical training in the care sector (apologies if I'm wrong here)

d) Can I do this part time i.e evenings?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Advertisement