Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice spot for a pint in antwerp

Options
  • 05-08-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading over to Antwerp and was wondering if anyone knows any good spots for a few nice Belgium pints!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Pints are a bit optimistic I think, you'll be on the floor in no time if you drink pints of many Belgian beers.

http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/antwpubs.htm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Antwerp is home to one of the world's best beer bars, Kulminator, at Vleminckveld 32-34.

And yeah: anything in Belgium that gets served by the pint isn't worth drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

BeerNut wrote: »
    Antwerp is home to one of the world's best beer bars, Kulminator, at Vleminckveld 32-34.

And yeah: anything in Belgium that gets served by the pint isn't worth drinking.

I had actually came across this in my search will definitely look into it

so is one saying that the aclohol levels in the drink their are very high?

or they just don't do pints?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ntlbell wrote: »
    so is one saying that the aclohol levels in the drink their are very high?

or they just don't do pints?
    They just don't do pints -- except for crap lagers and big-brand imports. There certainly are plenty of high-strength Belgian beers, but no shortage of low ABV ones either. Drinking in smaller quantities is just a way of getting to know more of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Den Engel in Grote Markt is a lovely local pub in the centre - very near the cathedral. Also very near there is Paters Vatje (or something along those lines) a lovely small pub boasting over 100 beers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement