Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewable energy college course

Options
  • 05-08-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Renewable energy college course
    Hi I have put RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENERGY MANAGEMENT lev7 no.1 on my cao. I just thought it sounded interesting and everyone says the future is in renewable energy and the like. I could do some business course but I'd rather do something different. I've read up the modulus and subjects include ELECTRONICS, ENGINEERING SCIENCE, ENGINEERING MATHS, ELECTRICITY, INSTRUMENT TECHNOLOGY. Are these hard?..... I'm having second thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Given your inability to check what was involved in the course you applied to do and managing to post in the wrong forum, I'd imagine that yes, they are hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Leaving Cert is that way

<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    ELECTRONICS, ENGINEERING SCIENCE, ENGINEERING MATHS, ELECTRICITY, INSTRUMENT TECHNOLOGY. Are these hard?..... I'm having second thoughts.

Yes they are hard, believe me

but you can do eet! just stick at it, will be worth it at the end of the day

don't believe me ? look at what the alternative is.
    Some arty-farty course in a posh place full of people with D4 accents drinking 5 euro cups of coffee and 10 euro pints while telling their friends on twitter and facebook with their iPhone how wonderful it is to be allowed to pay 10 euro for a pint and not be surrounded by blebians.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

There will be BIG money in this in the next twenty years. I wouldn't mind doing that course myself.

starflake wrote: »
    There will be BIG money in this in the next twenty years. I wouldn't mind doing that course myself.

yep no oil someone is gonna have to pick up the slack

Web 2.0 graphics designers are a dime a dozen even now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Dankoozy wrote: »
    Yes they are hard, believe me

but you can do eet! just stick at it, will be worth it at the end of the day

don't believe me ? look at what the alternative is.
    Some arty-farty course in a posh place full of people with D4 accents drinking 5 euro cups of coffee and 10 euro pints while telling their friends on twitter and facebook with their iPhone how wonderful it is to be allowed to pay 10 euro for a pint and not be surrounded by blebians.

Hey hey I went to a place that sounds just like that and did a course just like that and I have to say... it's not what it's cracked up to be!;)

Well, there's lots of oil we just haven't developed a technique to process it yet. Where can you do this course O.P?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

starflake wrote: »
    Well, there's lots of oil we just haven't developed a technique to process it yet. Where can you do this course O.P?
    Its a new course starting this year in IT.Tralee!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

They've already started a renewable energies course in UL too as far as I know. :)

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    Its a new course starting this year in IT.Tralee!

Pity it's so far away ... perhaps there will be other similar courses popping up over the next few years.. Ta for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Personally I'd go with a course in Nuclear Engineering; it's just as clean and you get paid more.

Personally I'd go with a course in Nuclear Engineering; it's just as clean and you get paid more.

Peak uranium is just around the corner, mang

unless someone finds a nice sized asteroid made of uranium or the like and brings it back its going to run out at around the same time as oil. I wish george bush would have done another 4 years, maybe he would have got NASA off their lazy asses and sent them to Mars to find some oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

zuutroy wrote: »
    Given your inability to check what was involved in the course you applied to do and managing to post in the wrong forum, I'd imagine that yes, they are hard.
    OP, you don't want to end up like Zuutroy here; an illegal alien working every day in a nuclear power plant for a shiny penny.

Good choice though, and yeah those things are tricky but if are a logical thinker than i reckon you'll be okay. And feck business courses. Mine was sort of like one and i learned NOTHING useful whatsoever. Lucky it involved computers.

Advertisement