Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints to Urbus

Options
  • 05-08-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

Anybody have experiences of complaining to Urbus RE the Swords service? Basically got left standing at a stop yesterday while the tosser of a driver decided to wag his fingers at me and went straight by. Got the bus from same stop last time I was heading from Swords to airport. As a result had to get a cab in order to make my flight in time. Fuming about it. I sent them an email but wondering if there is any other way to make my feelings heard, its really, really bad customer service to just sail past customers at stops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,485 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

shoegirl wrote: »
    Anybody have experiences of complaining to Urbus RE the Swords service? Basically got left standing at a stop yesterday while the tosser of a driver decided to wag his fingers at me and went straight by. Got the bus from same stop last time I was heading from Swords to airport. As a result had to get a cab in order to make my flight in time. Fuming about it. I sent them an email but wondering if there is any other way to make my feelings heard, its really, really bad customer service to just sail past customers at stops.

Ring them or write a letter.

If you have the times and reg it'd probably help

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

driver decided to wag his fingers at me and went straight by
    its really, really bad customer service to just sail past customers at stops.

Was the bus full?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

driver decided to wag his fingers at me

If the driver wagged his fingers, he obviously saw you, but was trying to tell you something. Can you double-check that stop you were at and make sure it has a UrBus sign on it? Maybe you were only lucky on the previous occasion where the bus did stop there for you.

It's possible that stop is not an official UrBus one, so the driver may have been just sticking to the rules. Please check first, as it may be a stop only for use by Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fieryirish

Did you look at the destination board on the front of the bus. Did it say 'not in service'. Usually drivers don't bother to acknowledge you,:mad: if he is not stopping. You could have waited for an active bus if this was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,341 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Anybody have experiences of complaining to Urbus RE the Swords service? Basically got left standing at a stop yesterday while the tosser of a driver decided to wag his fingers at me and went straight by. Got the bus from same stop last time I was heading from Swords to airport.

Is there any chance you were mistakenly standing at the wrong stop?
    I'm at the Castleknock end of Urbus's route and different buses take in a slighly different route.
    e.g., Some bypass Castlecurragh, some go both in and out of Castlecurragh the same way reversing on themselves picking up on both sides of the road, others go through Castlecurragh only picking up on one side and then on into Tyrrellstown.
    So its quite easy to stand at the wrong stop. In fairness the drivers have generally been very helpful to me, one saw me standing at the wrong stop, beeped at me and waited until I crossed to the other side of the road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement