Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorvation

Options
  • 05-08-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Hi,

www.motorvation.ie

Can anyone recommend these guys? They seem to have some very well priced cars, maybe a bit too good.

What's up with 06 Passats, maybe an over supply? They seem to be very very cheap at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Hey i bought a car from them 4months ago. Had one problem with it they fixed it under the warranty. Only qualm with them is they gave me a utter rubish replacement car. Unluckily for me I was in a hurry and took whatever i got because I didnt have time to argue with them. Apart from that they were fine to deal with. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

nc6000 wrote: »
    Hi,

www.motorvation.ie

Can anyone recommend these guys? They seem to have some very well priced cars, maybe a bit too good.

What's up with 06 Passats, maybe an over supply? They seem to be very very cheap at the moment.

Any thoughts?

I bought a car from them recently. Found the main guy there very helpful and polite.
    Asked him why they were much cheaper than other dealers, he replied with "I only have this warehouse and I don't have a fancy reception giving out free cups of coffee"
    They'll offer you a slightly less generous trade-in price than other dealers but that's how they appear to operate ..... offer less for the trade in and then sell on that car for less than the market average.
    You'll get some dealers who sell above the market average and you'll get some who sell below the average. Motorvation appear to do the latter.
    It makes sense really. If you're cheaper, you'll hopefully sell more cars, and will maintain your cashflow.
    If you want to PM me about them, please feel free.
    I saw the same type of car I bought on another dealer's site - same model and 20,000 more miles on the clock and it was €4000 dearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I Bought a car from them 2 years ago with a 3 month warranty.

2 1/2 months into the warranty I booked it in for them to fix a few minor problems that I found with the car. They initially refused to do the work saying that the warranty was engine/gearbox only, but during the sale we asked that very question and I had a witness. They conceeded and did the work.

My advise, if you buy a car from them make sure the comments of the SIMI form clearly states full bumper to bumper warranty for X months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Family member bought a car from them about 2 years ago. There was awful messing with the log book. Had to chase it up herself & fill out other forms, get a declaration from a garage that car was what it said it was and get signed by garda. New log book was then issued directly to us. So never again. Car was fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Thanks everyone for your responses. To be honest they don't sound any worse or better than most other dealers.

Considering the problems I've had with a certain BMW Main Dealer very near the M50 they sound fine and look to be good value too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I used Motorvation for servicing quite a lot and found them quite helpful. They always washed and hoovered the cars before returning them. It was a fleet so maybe that inspired them to offer a slightly better service. I never had a problem with them.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I used Motorvation for servicing quite a lot and found them quite helpful. They always washed and hoovered the cars before returning them. It was a fleet so maybe that inspired them to offer a slightly better service. I never had a problem with them.

MMM, smells fishy. Do you have any affiliation with them?

The sales claim that they made to me that the car I bought would be 'fully serviced' was BS. I only discovered a year later when the next service was due that they only did an oil&2filters. Their comment in the service book! It really needed a major 20k service:mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

mullingar wrote: »
    he has been around here long enough for me to guess that the answer is No!
    The sales claim that they made to me that the car I bought would be 'fully serviced' was BS. I only discovered a year later when the next service was due that they only did an oil&2filters. Their comment in the service book! It really needed a major 20k service:mad:
    Most Irish servicing is basic oil servicing and most car owners are quite content with this! If you expect more then you should have the sense to get detailed reports on the service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Crosstownk is a super shill. He's just spent the last 3 and a half years here posting 7000 posts just so he could say motorvation are 'quite helpful'..... where's my banhammer!! :pac::pac:

Crosstownk I always found while I was driving fleet cars I was treated like royalty in any Dealer/tyre centre

Anytime I've been to these places in my own car I'm made wait and queue. These guys obviously know how much a complaint from a driver can hurt them so they bend over backwards for fleet companies

Onkle wrote: »
    Crosstownk is a super shill. He's just spent the last 3 and a half years here posting 7000 posts just so he could say motorvation are 'quite helpful'..... where's my banhammer!! :pac::pac:

Crosstownk I always found while I was driving fleet cars I was treated like royalty in any Dealer/tyre centre

Anytime I've been to these places in my own car I'm made wait and queue. These guys obviously know how much a complaint from a driver can hurt them so they bend over backwards for fleet companies

Duly noted. Obvious to me now that Crosstownk has contributed so much to the board with over 7000 posts! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement