Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a cathalythic convertor for a 02 Passat 1.6 engine

Options
  • 05-08-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Apart from main dealer , ANY ADVICE?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 patzer

Just after purchasing one for a '01 TDI Passat on e-bay. There are a couple of UK websites that sell them also. A lot cheaper than motor factors and a LOT cheaper than the stealers. Am currently looking at getting it fitted now.

Try a google search for these:
    cats-direct
    eurocats

Good luck

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MarkHobBray1977

Patzer

thanks , I found one and found a great place to fit it as well , for €80

Got the part for 124 euro...

Dealer wanted 1300 euro !!! F**k that !

If you want the name of the service centre I am using let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

Do they fit the protestant convertors too?.....:D

"If you want the name of the service centre I am using let me know "

If you wouldn't mind that would be great

Thanks.

patzer wrote: »
    Just after purchasing one for a '01 TDI Passat on e-bay.

You should have just battered to contents out of your old one, a CAT though a legal requirement does not do anything for diesel emissions, so the old one would do fine emptied out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

RoverJames wrote: »
    You should have just battered to contents out of your old one, a CAT though a legal requirement does not do anything for diesel emissions, so the old one would do fine emptied out ;)

Yeah, its not the emmissions, its the flexi pipe on the unit that has given way so I'm starting to get fumes into the engine bay and then into the cabin :eek:

i guess I could have gotten someone to take it out, chop and weld a new flexi but it would probably work out the same

Advertisement