Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewable Power

Options
  • 05-08-2009 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Considering the high dependence of industries on energy, the energy derived from fossil fuels is depleting. This has led to the necessity of other alternative sources of energy that can suffice the energy needs of the world. The total energy consumption in the world is calculated to be around 500 exajoules currently. Although the demand for energy has been met historically by fossil fuels, there is a shift towards renewable sources of energy in the recent times.

Renewable energy investments are becoming the trend in the investment markets. This is owing to the growing concerns about the world’s increasing energy demands that are causing many countries to seek energy independence. The renewable energy sources include wind, sun and ocean bodies, which hold a vast body of power.

There is a humongous amount of energy that is lying untapped in these reservoirs of power. It is believed that the sun provides energy to the planet's oceans and landmasses, which is more energy than the world consumes in an entire year. Wind is another source of power. Wind power available in the atmosphere is much greater than current world energy consumption. Besides sun and wind, ocean also forms the world's largest untapped, renewable energy resource.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

I believe we should follow the Romulan approach i.e. a self contained artificial singularity. PM me for investment details on Romulus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

I believe we should recycle poo. After all, everybody poops

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Renewables are only going to replace fossil fuels in the medium term and be replaced by fusion power in the next 50-100 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Drennan1 wrote: »
    Considering the high dependence of industries on energy, the energy derived from fossil fuels is depleting. This has led to the necessity of other alternative sources of energy that can suffice the energy needs of the world. The total energy consumption in the world is calculated to be around 500 exajoules currently. Although the demand for energy has been met historically by fossil fuels, there is a shift towards renewable sources of energy in the recent times.

Renewable energy investments are becoming the trend in the investment markets. This is owing to the growing concerns about the world’s increasing energy demands that are causing many countries to seek energy independence. The renewable energy sources include wind, sun and ocean bodies, which hold a vast body of power.

There is a humongous amount of energy that is lying untapped in these reservoirs of power. It is believed that the sun provides energy to the planet's oceans and landmasses, which is more energy than the world consumes in an entire year. Wind is another source of power. Wind power available in the atmosphere is much greater than current world energy consumption. Besides sun and wind, ocean also forms the world's largest untapped, renewable energy resource.

I don't think you should waste your time pondering such issues my friend. There are much greater threats around - for example, a recent scientific study has found that the concentration of fat people in Texas is in danger of knocking the earth of it's axis and sending us spiralling into the sun. You should go over there and save us from impending doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

The future of power is nuclear fusion. We are building our own sun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Puddleduck wrote: »

I didn't believe it until I read it in print:

http://www.amazon.com/Everyone-Poops-My-Body-Science/dp/0916291456

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Isn't it already being done? i.e. spreading slurry

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

toiletduck wrote: »
    I believe we should follow the Romulan approach i.e. a self contained artificial singularity. PM me for investment details on Romulus.

+1 Ideal solution.

OP there is a green forum. the post also looks ripped from somewhere alse not self written tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement