Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My weekly dilemma

Options
  • 05-08-2009 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Every week I find myself faced with the same dilemma - do i check my lotto numbers on sunday or leave it until Friday?

If I check it on Sunday and find that I haven't won, I am left feeling miserable for the rest of the week and the reality of life takes hold once more. If I leave it until Friday, I enjoy another few days of joyful optimism. But if i leave it until Friday and then find out that I have won, I would be absolutely disgusted that I have wasted 5 days of millionaire-esque possibilities on the drudgery of work:(

What do you other boardsies do with your (possible) ticket to mohito's and sunny beaches?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Long Onion wrote: »
    Every week I find myself faced with the same dilemma - do i check my lotto numbers on sunday or leave it until Friday?

If I check it on Sunday and find that I haven't won, I am left feeling miserable for the rest of the week and the reality of life takes hold once more. If I leave it until Friday, I enjoy another few days of joyful optimism. But if i leave it until Friday and then find out that I have won, I would be absolutely disgusted that I have wasted 5 days of millionaire-esque possibilities on the drudgery of work:(

What do you other boardsies do with your (possible) ticket to mohito's and sunny beaches?

I hope you win the lotto and soon. Go buy yourself a woman and get laid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Do you not play the Wednesday draw?

I find it odd that someone with so much anger relies on the results of the lottery for their happiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Get two different tickets, with different numbers.

Check one on Friday and one on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Take the bull by the horns: buy three million tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I find it odd that someone with so much anger relies on the results of the lottery for their happiness.

I find it apt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Don't play the Lotto.

Dilemma solved!

[Alternative solution: Buy 8,145,060 tickets]

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

mobius42 wrote: »
    Don't play the Lotto.

Dilemma solved!

[Alternative solution: Buy 8,145,060 tickets]

Quickpick ones, so there is still a bit of drama.
    I wonder on average how many variations you'd cover if you did 8,145060 quick picks.

Advertisement