Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a carpenter or someone to fix wooden floor

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Hey All,
    I've recently bought a second hand apartment and I'd like to fix the wood flooring before I move the furniture in.
    The wood is real wood with tongue and groove. From what I can tell, the lengths have not been glued together.
    Basically the previous owner put the floor down himself but some parts were not laid well and there are big gaps by the door frames in the hall.
    What I would like to do is take some of the wood from the 2 bedrooms (replace with carpet) and fix the areas in the hall so that they sit tight with the skirting and door frames.
    Where is the best place to search for a carpenter to do a job like this?

Thanks

HJ

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,

best say where you are in the country.

May be worth your while putting an advert in that new Dunne website tenderme.com - where prople can ask for quotes etc

have a look at it anyhow.

k

Advertisement