Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Kilkenny this Sunday the 9th of August

Options
  • 05-08-2009 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm coincidentally going on a saturday night jolly this weekend the 8th of August, planning on coming down on a Bus Eireann coach and back again to Kildare.
    I have to be home at a time which will be similar to people going to Croker for the Kilkenny Waterford semi, so will i have a chance of getting on a Bus Eireann at around 12 noon perhaps-ish? cheers

Col

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

nads wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm coincidentally going on a saturday night jolly this weekend the 8th of August, planning on coming down on a Bus Eireann coach and back again to Kildare.
    I have to be home at a time which will be similar to people going to Croker for the Kilkenny Waterford semi, so will i have a chance of getting on a Bus Eireann at around 12 noon perhaps-ish? cheers

Col

I'm completely confused as to where you're coming from or going to, but if you look up www.buseireann.ie you can look up timetables. Also JJ Kavanagh's do a great service so you can check timetables or their site too. Enjoy your weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

Hi, sorry yeah, i'm coming into Kilkenny via bus saturday the 8th, and leaving the morning of Sunday the 9th... i'm trying to gauge how packed the transport out of kilkenny will be come the sunday morning of my departure as i assume the whole city will be vacating to Croker that sunday morning i.e. "the bus will be packed - the train is a non-runner, best organise something else" etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

nads wrote: »
    Hi, sorry yeah, i'm coming into Kilkenny via bus saturday the 8th, and leaving the morning of Sunday the 9th... i'm trying to gauge how packed the transport out of kilkenny will be come the sunday morning of my departure as i assume the whole city will be vacating to Croker that sunday morning i.e. "the bus will be packed - the train is a non-runner, best organise something else" etc etc

coming to Kilkenny from where??? Dublin? Usually CIE add extra trains for match days if it looks like it's going to be busy or you book your ticket in advance for the train and have a def seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It's hard to say about the bus.

Most people I know would be on organised buses up (via their club or local bar). Plus, Kilkenny are playing the minor game on Sunday too, which is on at 12noon. A lot of people will be travelling early for that.

I'd say chance your arm and hope for the best on Sunday!

There's a bus to Dublin at 12.30 on Sunday which should be possible to get a seat on. I doubt if people would be leaving it that late to get a bus to the match. Do you know you can book a seat online on www.buseireann.ie ? And Bus Eireann usually allow extra buses on busy days so I reckon you should be ok. The next bus is at 3.30, that one might suit you either. There is no bus from KK to Kildare as such but you could probably get off the KK/Dublin one at Naas and get a connection from there? There's a train which stops at Kildare leaving KK at 13.35, - not sure how packed that would be. Again I'd say most people would have left on te earlier train for the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

cheers lads! although i'll be up for waterford come sunday! thanks

N

Advertisement