Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting gutteral throat rattles followed by a big hockle onto the ground.

Options
  • 05-08-2009 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭

It seems to me like this vile practice is becoming socially acceptable among certain men today. I especially see fellas do this at bus stops. They go "ahem, ahem, ahem, GRUNT,GRUNT,GRUNT, HACK HAAACK! and then spit out a huge gob onto the ground. Absolutely no care in the world what the others at the bus stop mught think of this. It's vile, gutteral and disgusting. Has anyone else here had the misfortune of observing this ignorant practice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Only in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

It seems to me like this vile practice is becoming socially acceptable among certain men today. I especially see fellas do this at bus stops. They go "ahem, ahem, ahem, GRUNT,GRUNT,GRUNT, HACK HAAACK! and then spit out a huge gob onto the ground. Absolutely no care in the world what the others at the bus stop mught think of this. It's vile, gutteral and disgusting. Has anyone else here had the misfortune of observing this ignorant practice?

and your hand are in your pockets during this display, I suppose?
    He should never get it out of his gob, it should hold his jaw and teeth in place until the ambulance comes for him.

shame on you....missed opportunities....and all that.....mutter.....mutter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It's so satisfying though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I think this is part of the mating ritual in parts of north kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

demakinz wrote: »
    I think this is part of the mating ritual in parts of north kildare.

Naw its a culchie thing . Sons of farmers

• Advertisement

BVB wrote: »
    Naw its a culchie thing . Sons of farmers

kildare isnt culchie?

since when have they no farmers there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

demakinz wrote: »
    kildare isnt culchie?

since when have they no farmers there.

since the Dub virus spread

BVB wrote: »
    since the Dub virus spread

im afraid the Dub virus has spread to most counties.the world health Organization has moved it to a level 6 pandemic since the house prices have fallen around culchie land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Whenever I think of them (Gollyers as we used to call them) I think of my ma going on about TB back in the day.

stovelid wrote: »
    Whenever I think of it (Gollyers as we used to call them) I think of my ma going on about TB.

yore ma?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

I blame the influence of football for these busstop 'gob-shítes'.

Bad enough seeing millionaire (tho still invariably working-class scum) footballers doing it during big premiership football games on tv , but I've also seen copycats do it during 5-a-side INDOOR football! I'd love to know where idiots think that gob is going to vanish to?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Only when i'm in the car and theres no one else in the car with me, do i think that this is acceptable! :pac: - -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zGeek

not such a important problem to our society, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

You know, next time you should tell them to drop and give you 20.

I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman your senior drill instructor etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Personally, i prefer the forceful expulsion of gaseous matter from my anus. Much more satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I think this is pretty sick too, but if I've got one floating in the back of my throat, I ain't swallowing that unless you're my boss.. Even still!

Where ya want them to put it? In his pocket, to dispose of it properly later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bb4sure

I blame the influence of football for these busstop 'gob-shítes'.

Bad enough seeing millionaire (tho still invariably working-class scum) footballers doing it during big premiership football games on tv , but I've also seen copycats do it during 5-a-side INDOOR football! I'd love to know where idiots think that gob is going to vanish to?

Working-class scum? Get off your high horse with your categorising. Plenty of "middle class" and "higher class" people do it 2. "CLass" has nothing to do with it. Hate eejits like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

Bb4sure wrote: »
    Working-class scum? Get off your high horse with your categorising. Plenty of "middle class" and "higher class" people do it 2. "CLass" has nothing to do with it. Hate eejits like you.

Are you saying most professional footballers don't come from working class backgrounds? Are you saying that people who spit on the ground on live television aren't scum? If you disagree with either of these two then please provide evidence to the contrary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Are you saying most professional footballers don't come from working class backgrounds? .

Socrates was a member of the Greek aristocracy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bb4sure

Are you saying most professional footballers don't come from working class backgrounds? Are you saying that people who spit on the ground on live television aren't scum? If you disagree with either of these two then please provide evidence to the contrary.

Im saying so what if they come from working class backgrounds what has that got to do with anything? Also if you play sport which I do exerting your body during 90 mins you build up spit and find it hard to breath. Its either stop swallow and feel like getting sick after doing it or spit it out. Sorry nearly every sports man does it if the body is exerted. It wont change, so I dont think people who do it should be labelled "scumbags". However the likes of people at bus stops ect thats not on. But if you cough up a lump not inteneding and there is nowhere around to dispose of it. Spit it in a gutter. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Had to listen to a guy walking behind me doing this for a good 10 minutes once, with my headphones on! :eek: I had to stop, let him pass me and cross the road. Either that or stop and shout at him, I doubt he would of taken to it to kindly but I really would love to of had the nerve but he was a big guy and it's possible he would of taken me out with one punch!! :) I really find it disgusting, think it's the sound more than anything else. It's really very icky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I do it, but only cos I've a cough of come sort, and swalling it after coughing it up is not good, it's not exactly slearing your throat. So fudge you all! I don't feel guilty for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

working-class scum

Excuse me?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Only when i'm in the car and theres no one else in the car with me, do i think that this is acceptable! :pac: - -
    Where do you trade in..? just wondering...

Advertisement