Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is wrong with some old people?!

Options
  • 05-08-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

I have 2 grannies,both in their 90s.One has deteriated alot over the last number of years,lost mobility and now lives in a nursing home.The other granny can walk about,feed herself clean about the house.

The problem is,the granny who is in a home never has a bad word to say,is always happy to see visitors and never ever complains about how she cannot walk,she says if she were to die tonight she would be happy with the life she has lived,she has no regrets.She would be happy as long as she had food to put on the table and a bottle of whiskey in the cabinet.She would die for her children,stand up to anybody,and she has told Nuns,Priests and Teachers if they were to beat her children she would kill them,which I think is great giving her generation and the time they where in.I will be devastated when she passes on.

The mobile granny on the other had causes fights between her children,lies about things people say,pretends she has something wrong with her,says kids have it far to easy nowadays and should be out working in the fields after school,all the usual sh1te,even though she has never worked a day in her life.She sent her children to live with her sisters because she could not be arsed caring for them.When you go visit she insults you and gives out about how she is sick and pretends she is immobile.I couldent care less if she died tomorrow.

I hope to christ when Iam old I make people happy

Does everyone have a bitter grandparent in their lives or is it I am just unlucky with the b1tch that happens to be my granny?!:mad:Fcuking maddens me!

Btw,this turned out more of a rant than I wanted!Sorry!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

1 granny is nice, 1 granny isn't.

Logic fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

You should get off her lawn

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

There's always an evil granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I've got no grandparents.. stop yer boasting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I found one of my grannys really difficult until she was in her 70s and the doctor finally medicated her. It genuinely worked miracles for my granny she was lovely and far happier in herslelf thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

brummytom wrote: »
    I've got no grandparents.. stop yer boasting

You can have one of mine:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Tis the mad cow disease.

You can have one of mine:p

Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I lol'd when you said "mobile granny". :pac:

• Advertisement

Pics?

Ah now!:eek:

I'll pay P+P,dont worry.

Seriously OP, just put the cranky one up for sale on e-bay.

Ah now!:eek:

I'll pay P+P,dont worry.

They're in their nineties? I can't see the P+P being too expensive tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Or pawn them for some Denny sausages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Its like the Grandparent version of the Odd Couple.

I love the theme tune so much :)

The crack is ninety................ good selling point.;)

Never posted an old person before,so I wouldent know,going by the rate for children though I suppose it shouldent be too much:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Fail

Please stop saying that.

galwayrush wrote: »
    The crack is ninety................ good selling point.;)

Ah now if you're shipping from the Isle of Man it'll cost more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'd love to go partying with your scorpy granny. I think we'd get on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

TL;DR

is the answer Cancer???

And what do i win??

Never posted an old person before,so I wouldent know,going by the rate for children though I suppose it shouldent be too much:p
    :eek:

Are Gerry and Kate McCann offering a reward?

:eek:

Are Gerry and Kate McCann offering a reward?

You have to ask Snyper about that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Both my own Grandmothers were lovely - sadly they've passed on now.

But I do know some friends who had horribly moany/whingey/cranky/bitter grandparents. I think a lot of this has to do with the way Ireland was in their time - dirt poor, priest ridden, backward and for women, they were not allowed to have a life of their own, just be endless baby factories, stand closer to the kitchen sink and deal with endless children and often abusive/drunken husbands. It must have been very frustrating for them.

It can't have been easy for many women in those times and I suppose many of them became bitter when they got older, especially jealous at the freedoms and luxuries their daughters and grandaughters enjoy today.

If I was in their position I'd probably be a bit bitter too.:(

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Both my own Grandmothers were lovely - sadly they've passed on now.

But I do know some friends who had horribly moany/whingey/cranky/bitter grandparents. I think a lot of this has to do with the way Ireland was in their time - dirt poor, priest ridden, backward and for women, they were not allowed to have a life of their own, just be endless baby factories, stand closer to the kitchen sink and deal with endless children and often abusive/drunken husbands. It must have been very frustrating for them.

It can't have been easy for many women in those times and I suppose many of them became bitter when they got older, especially jealous at the freedoms their daughters and grandaughters enjoy today.

If I was in their position I'd probably be a bit bitter too.:(

But the one who is a bitch had an easy life,the other had a tough life and wouldent wish it upon anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

GILF?

That_Guy wrote: »
    GILF?

Sorry,Brummytom and myself have a deal in place,so it wont matter to you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

But the one who is a bitch had an easy life,the other had a tough life and wouldent wish it upon anyone.

Easy life probably made her the crank she is today, a bit of hardship and suffering does wonders for the personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My grandfather insults everyone. He doesn't have any sort of dementia, he's just really blunt and doesn't have the most empathy. He's also quite deaf, so he's indiscreet too.

His bluntness can be quite funny, at times.

He's wonderful, though. He's nearly 86 and he goes on long walks every day and he tells great stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sorry,Brummytom and myself have a deal in place,so it wont matter to you:p

Fine. Back to my "Grab a granny night" down the local disco.

Advertisement