Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never tried it .... interested in working at it for a weekend... crazy?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Hi all....

I've never surfed. I like the sea. I'd like to try it for a weekend... the idea of just immersing myself in learning for a couple of days weekend (probably just trying to get upright) appeals to me.

Are there beginner weekend surf schools? Should I just hire a wetsuit, a board and a lesson and chuck myself at the sea for a few hours in the morning and afternoon for a couple of days? Am I insane?

Edit: just read sticky. Good points re safety and etiquette. Question still stands; am I mad just trying for a weekend (without a real likelyhood of taking it up a a hobby) or will I just get frustrated and get little out of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Not crazy at all. You wouldnt be the first person to try that and you certainly wont be the last :D

There are certain schools around that do weekend packages but i'm not sure if they're select weekends like bank holidays or every weekend.

Turf & Surf bundoran do some weekends so maybe take a look into those guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Thanks for the reply.

I'm thinking it may be better to avoid a weekend when I presume it'll be busy.

I'll call a couple of places.

Advertisement