Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best way to but images on a website?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 7:56pm

I am making a website for my friend, he is starting a carpentry and construction company www.nhcconstruction.com . I want to have photo pages showing the work he has done.

I am using an online website building site called yola. It allows you to upload images directly to the website but i would rather have one of those image browser where you see the thumbs of the images and when you click on a photo it enlarges and you can hit next to see the next photo such as on this site http://www.irishcountryquads.com/activities.php when you hit on 'view more images' i think this looks well but i dont know how to do it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 StuartC

If I get you right , Id use lightbox 2.

www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/

Pretty easy to set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I am making a website for my friend, he is starting a carpentry and construction company www.nhcconstruction.com . I want to have photo pages showing the work he has done.

I am using an online website building site called yola. It allows you to upload images directly to the website but i would rather have one of those image browser where you see the thumbs of the images and when you click on a photo it enlarges and you can hit next to see the next photo such as on this site http://www.irishcountryquads.com/activities.php when you hit on 'view more images' i think this looks well but i dont know how to do it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Hi,

If I were you I would avoid Yola and go to Moonfruit.com as I think they are ideal for your needs.

I have made a few websites for friends and my brother's Courier site below that's my sig I made in around thrree hours or so.

The user interface is really simple to use and it's free. You can use any domain with them also. They are flash based sites and not everyone would love them but for a photo based website they are the the ticket.

Here's a link to tattoo artist that has his portfolio on Moonfruit:

Tatto Artist Moonfruit Website

And here is a link to a wedding photographer that has his thumnailed photos displayed at the bottom of the main photo.

Wedding Photographer's Portfolio Sample

That should give you a an example of what you do anyway.

Nic

Nico22 wrote: »
    Hi,

If I were you I would avoid Yola and go to Moonfruit.com as I think they are ideal for your needs.

I have made a few websites for friends and my brother's Courier site below that's my sig I made in around thrree hours or so.

The user interface is really simple to use and it's free. You can use any domain with them also. They are flash based sites and not everyone would love them but for a photo based website they are the the ticket.

Here's a link to tattoo artist that has his portfolio on Moonfruit:

Tatto Artist Moonfruit Website

And here is a link to a wedding photographer that has his thumnailed photos displayed at the bottom of the main photo.

Wedding Photographer's Portfolio Sample

That should give you a an example of what you do anyway.

Nic
    Thanks the galleries look exactly like what I want, but i have so much of the site made with yola now that I have no intention of changing, i will check out moonfruit for future sites though.

I do like yola though I used it alot in the past and has some major advantages, if only there was some kind of widget to allow me to embed a flash style gallery onto my yola page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maddogmanny

Hello everyone,
    I will upload a flash website that i created using a flash template bought from monster template. (I'm working with Flash CS3)
    Problem is:
    when I have created the website and I'm all done
    I click publish and I get a folder with only one index.

What I want to know is how to split the flash website in many index so it won't take to much time to load. (People don't like to wait for a site to load for so long)

For example I'm making a restaurant website.
    I have created:
    Home page
    Menu Page
    Wine List Page
    About Us Page
    Contact Us Page.

Again when i click publish will give me only one index.
    I do I get an index for each of this page?
    How do I split this website that I'm creating with flash cs3?
    Is there a program that splits what you have created?
    Is there a video tutorial on the internet for that?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    You can also email me at:
    maddogmanny@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks to all
    Emanuele

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Quick answer is don't make the site 100% flash; there is absolutely no need for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maddogmanny

Hey thanks,
    but still I want to find out.
    Emanuele

Advertisement