Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New company car. Claiming VAT?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am getting a car for work, up until now the company I work for have rented a car for me. The company is based in France, and I work all over Ireland.

My questions are, If I am buying the car for work can I then qualify to claim the VAT back through the company? then would I have to pay BIK?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

If I remember what my accountant said to me if the company want to claim the VAT back then it has to be a commercial i.e. Van/Jeep.

The main points are the company have to buy it and it has to be commercial to get the VAT back. Oh and you will be liable for BIK

Advertisement