Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats happening to this country?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 5:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Two secruity guards shot in Hospital, and we though the U.S.A was bad, you would not see the likes of this in Bagdad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

We are having a NATIONAL NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

This is the 50th Ireland is crap/what happened to this country/we're gone down the tubes feel-good thread this week.

Dunno do they have security guards in the hospitals in baghdad..if they did you might id say though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Link
    Two security guards are being treated in hospital after they were shot in the grounds of St James' Hospital in Dublin this morning.

The incident happened at around 4.30am.

The two victims, both in their 20s, were quickly attended to by an ambulance crew and their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

The scene of the shooting has been sealed off for technical examination.

The motive for the attack remains unclear.

« Previous
    Next »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Two secruity guards shot in Hospital, and we though the U.S.A was bad, you would not see the likes of this in Bagdad.

Lol, yeah those car bombs are harmless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Were they shot with real guns or pellet guns?

First I've heard about this, would have thought it was big news.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

The two security guards working in James were from Bagdad, get your facts straight!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'm pretty sure you would, tho. It's pretty simple really. In order to take more guns out of circulation, we need to give better resources to AGS. To do that, we have to either raise money from somewhere, or reapportion it from somewhere else. AS things are cut pretty much to the bone, that leaves raising it. Which means taxes. Irish people don't like paying taxes, in fairness chiefly because they don't trust the government (of any persuasion) to spend it properly. The governments hands are tied because every five years they have to seek re-election from an electorate that cares more about handouts for the boys and girls than any issues on a broader, national level.

So, we play it the Irish way. We don't really plan for the future, and we all pretend to be shocked for a while when stuff like this happens. What was your mans name? In Limerick - Shane something. Remember him? That sucked, didn't it? Ah well. The next election will roll around and we'll all just do the same thing again, and I'm sure it'll be grand in the end. Has to be.

ohh sorry, was that a rhetorical question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We're wallowing in anger and pessimism because there is no political party who can currently offer reductions in income tax.

When a party is able to do so, we'll vote for them en masse and revert to the default mode of not giving a shit about health cuts, unemployment benefits and teachers/nurse's wages, while lecturing other countries on our 'economic model' again.

Hold on and don't lose hope, brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyboy23

i think its time the people of ireland stand up and be counted, what these politicans are putting us people on welfare through with there cuts its ****ing scandalous while there buddys in the banks laugh through there crystal glasses,il tell you whats wrong with ireland were the laughing stock of the world,

• Advertisement

paddyboy23 wrote: »
    while there buddys in the banks laugh through there crystal glasses,

Wouldn't they find it terribly hard to see with these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

il tell you whats wrong with ireland were the laughing stock of the world,

Ah not really, same stuff happened in all the western economies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Whaddya mean? sure, even our criminals are friendly enough to wait til their at a hospital before shooting them. Very considerate IMO.

you wouldn't get that in your USA.

i think its time the people of ireland stand up and be counted, what these politicans are putting us people on welfare through with there cuts its ****ing scandalous while there buddys in the banks laugh through there crystal glasses,il tell you whats wrong with ireland were the laughing stock of the world,
    out of interest, how did you vote in the last election? No hidden agenda in asking, pure curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyboy23

tbh wrote: »
    out of interest, how did you vote in the last election? No hidden agenda in asking, pure curiosity.

the same as ive always done ff,but never again,to see our elders stand in line waiting to get there pills in different towns these are the people who made ireland what it is today,shame on us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Apparently they removed some people from the hospital around 4am this morning and they suspect the shooting was directly linked to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ehhhhh. I think you would.

interesting, up to a few months ago, I never really knew anyone who had been pro-ff turn anti, usually they stuck with them or drifted towards random candidates. The bitterness I've picked up on in real life and on boards is a new experience with me, I'm starting to believe it's genuine! I'm not taking the piss, by the way paddy, I hear what you're saying. It'll just be interesting to see if that follows through to the next election, and, I guess on the presence of a decent alternative.

shame on us

Nope.

Shame on the people whose only yardstick on the suitability of the government now and x amount of years ago is the money (or lack of it) in their pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

stovelid wrote: »
    Nope.

Shame on the people whose only yardstick on the suitability of the government now and x amount of years ago is the money (or lack of it) in their pockets.

The problem is the amount of our money that ended up in the government's pocket now and x amount of years ago.

• Advertisement

The problem is the amount of our money that ended up in the government's pocket now and x amount of years ago.

Funny that widely-publicized corruption / developer love-ins, the same health-service and education issues and crime didn't register highly enough on Joe Electorate's radar to prevent them voting in the last FF majority because they wanted to keep the good-times rolling.

Fast-forward a mere year or two and the same voters want government heads on pikes because of the same governance (or lack of) that they themselves endorsed (or at least ignored) in return for a lifestyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,915 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tbh wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you would, tho. It's pretty simple really. In order to take more guns out of circulation, we need to give better resources to AGS. To do that, we have to either raise money from somewhere, or reapportion it from somewhere else. AS things are cut pretty much to the bone, that leaves raising it. Which means taxes. Irish people don't like paying taxes, in fairness chiefly because they don't trust the government (of any persuasion) to spend it properly. The governments hands are tied because every five years they have to seek re-election from an electorate that cares more about handouts for the boys and girls than any issues on a broader, national level.

So, we play it the Irish way. We don't really plan for the future, and we all pretend to be shocked for a while when stuff like this happens. What was your mans name? In Limerick - Shane something. Remember him? That sucked, didn't it? Ah well. The next election will roll around and we'll all just do the same thing again, and I'm sure it'll be grand in the end. Has to be.

ohh sorry, was that a rhetorical question?
    Tbh, if there was one person I should have bought a pint before getting outta dodge, it was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Overheal wrote: »
    Tbh, if there was one person I should have bought a pint before getting outta dodge, it was you.

Buy me one too overhead will ya?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

.....while you're getting the round in.....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,915 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bloody freeloaders. Although you make tbh's point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

It's disgraceful.

Is there actually anything positive to report from this country at the moment!?
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's disgraceful.

Is there actually anything positive to report from this country at the moment!?
    :(

it's stopped raining here.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FICOCO

we are alive, we have a welfare system that hasn't run dry...yet. we have homes..that we haven't paid for yet...we aren't being bombed..anymore..well I think we are better off than bagdad in fairness. I'm not surprised about those poor guys in st james though. that was a long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

FICOCO wrote: »
    we are alive, we have a welfare system that hasn't run dry...yet. we have homes..that we haven't paid for yet...we aren't being bombed..anymore..well I think we are better off than bagdad in fairness. I'm not surprised about those poor guys in st james though. that was a long time coming.

Only being payed by borrowed money.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

You know when Father Jack sobers up and shouts -"Am I still on this feckin island!"

Well that is what is happenning across the country as people come down to earth with a bang after the la-la days of the celtic ****in tiger

Advertisement