Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where do all the Steel Rims Go ?

Options
  • 04-08-2009 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi..
    I've been ringing scrappies and the like looking for a Steel Wheel to fit a 2006 Opel Zafira, 5 Stud, 16 Inch...

I've tried Alloy wheel suppliers and they dont have any either...

ANyone know where I could get one...

Thanks
    bam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

whats your location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

betafrog wrote: »
    Dealer?

Dealer wanted €70 + vat + tyre, he reckons no change from €180.

Have located a 16 inch 5 stud vectra wheel and tyre for €50 from a scrappie... It should fit.... shouldn't it ??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

bbam wrote: »
    Dealer wanted €70 + vat + tyre, he reckons no change from €180.

Have located a 16 inch 5 stud vectra wheel and tyre for €50 from a scrappie... It should fit.... shouldn't it ??

Thanks

Should fit alright, but still a high price. What is the tyre like?

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Should fit alright, but still a high price. What is the tyre like?

Havn't seen it yet...
    I'm also backed into a corner as I'm off on the Ferry to France on Friday...

Am going to look later today..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

If you're off on a 250+ mile round trip, the last place i'd look for a wheel and tyre is from a scrap yard. Bite the bullet and go with the dealer.
    Or at least get the steel wheel and buy a new tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,296 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Dont you know any wheel/tyre you are swapping off your car is totally worthless until you happen to be looking for one of those totally worthless oe steal wheels that is.

Dealers are a joke for these kind of things. Was told the original crap 17" alloys & tyres that come with Audi A5 are worthless as nobody wants them cause everyone is upgrading. Thats fine, I would agree with that. However just for fun, I asked the audi parts guy how much would a replacement original 17" alloy be for my car.... He huffed & puffed & commented on how new the car is and how it would be a special order and gave me a price of somewhere in the region of 300 + vat for one wheel, no tyre.
    In your case, scrappy only option and I dont know where all the steel wheels go.
    Vectra wheel might not fit so check it first

If you're off on a 250+ mile round trip, the last place i'd look for a wheel and tyre is from a scrap yard. Bite the bullet and go with the dealer.
    Or at least get the steel wheel and buy a new tyre.

Its just for the spare... plan is it stays on the carrier..
    Some Skanger stole ours earlier in the year...

Last year we did something like 900 miles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

they probably had the same trouble you're having.have you tried ebay uk could pick it up on the way to france or are you going direct not from uk?

Cork to Roscoff ferry on Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

tyre shops often have a few lying around. ask for a 5x110 fitment (your fitment obviously). If i recall correctly newish vectras are also 5x110. Don't take the scrappys word for it, fit the wheel to be sure.

• Advertisement

Yep...
    Got a rim from an 07 Vectra at the scrappies yesterday.. Was a spare but the tyre was already gone...

Got a tyre at the tyre centre which had come off yesterday, just legal so no one will be interested in stealing it... tip from scrappie not to fit a good tyre...

€25 for the rim.
    €2 to fit free tyre and balance...

€27 fix and damn main dealer wanted €180 :D

Happy out..
    :D:D

Cheers.

Advertisement