Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very confused

Options
  • 04-08-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I didnt want to start a new tread, but after much searching I cannot get a definite answer.
    Im entering third year in a level 8 degree course in a I.T.
    Im 29 and have never received any grant or back to education allowances.
    This is because I was under the impression that I was not entitled to any as I moved home (due to ill mother) 3 years ago when I first started college (did a FETAC).
    After reading on this forum it seems that i was entitled to a grant all along, I just have to n/a through all the parents financial area on the grant form.

But I still have to send off proof of independent residence?

what is this proof that im living at home independently?

Is there anybody on here in similar circumstances and currently receiving a grant?

Help please if you can - I will not be able to afford college this year without some assistance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Utility bills from October should suffice. they have to have your name on them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

cheers, just got off the phone with them, I dont have a utility bill of any sort, but I may have a bank statement or something from the revenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭urban cowboy

If you have a household bill with your details from 3 years ago, then give them that.
    Was in a situation myself last year were i had no bills in my name for the place that i was staying. I gave a bill for an address that I had lived in 3 years previous which they accepted.
    If you have, by a small chance, a bill from that far back then it might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

no good im afraid, they want a 2 statements one from october and one from march and i dont have either.Ive been on the phone to the bank to get a duplicate copy - but they said it would be 2.50 per page :mad:.

Advertisement