Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcelain Kitchen tiles

Options
  • 04-08-2009 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I'm looking for porcelain kitchen wall tiles, I've done a bit of looking around and it seems these are a hard thing to find.
    I found one dealer Pat Hickey in Murroe who does them but he doesn't have many of them. He didn't have any ideas where else I could go to find some.

I need porcelain ones as the tiles will be used close behind a gas hob. I'm advised that ceramic ones will peel the glaze off and glass don't take the heat well.

So my question is are there any dealers of porcelain wall tiles in the Limerick area or am I stuck with what I can get from the dealer I have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I'm looking for porcelain kitchen wall tiles, I've done a bit of looking around and it seems these are a hard thing to find.
    I found one dealer Pat Hickey in Murroe who does them but he doesn't have many of them. He didn't have any ideas where else I could go to find some.

I need porcelain ones as the tiles will be used close behind a gas hob. I'm advised that ceramic ones will peel the glaze off and glass don't take the heat well.

So my question is are there any dealers of porcelain wall tiles in the Limerick area or am I stuck with what I can get from the dealer I have?

Hi Steve not to sure where you live in limerick I think yout information is incorrect though.

There is a lot of suppliers of 10cm x 10cm Kitchen porc wall tiles. Ceramic ones have never peeled in my experience and if they do I would be more worried about the press units above them

Have you tried PJ Matthews on the ballysimon road
    / Tubs and tiles on the ballysimon road / Tile warehouse on the Dock road

also floor tiles can actually be used on the wall. I suspect this is a DIY job as your tiler would no all of this. If you need any more help just ask. Needless to say who ever gave you that advice I would seriously question there experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭witless_steve

I didn't find much in the tile place on the dock road.
    I didn't try PJ Matthews as I thought they only did bathroom things, same with tubs and tiles. Will check them both out and see what they have.
    Is polished porcelain much harder to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Polished porc for walls is not hard to get but like i said your info about the ceramic is incorrect.

The reason that one picks tiles is not because they peel but the look of quality. Just consider this, its a glaze coated ceramic toilet you pee into, you pour tons of bleach on it. The surface of the space shuttle is made of ceramic tiles to withstand heat

You just have to shop around.

Advertisement