Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Year Breakdown - HELP !!

Options
  • 03-08-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

EEEEEEEKKK !!!!!!!!

Summmmmer is overrrrrRrr soooooooN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually - it was superr suprr funnnnn and i don't wanna go back to skool..

NOT EVER :mad:

butt - (what?? whatt?? in the --- :p ) i must... sooooonn (SPOOONN!!)

okay... so i guess this my way of dealing with the nerves

but.... can somebody... some beautiful understanding soull..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME - what to expect in 5th year?

Should i spend all my time on Hamlet?

Should i even bother with Creative Writing?

Seriously -- how can you fit all those presecribed poems into two years ???

I picture SIXTH YEAR as me at home... crying because i don't know where to start...... also... does anyone even go to school after XMAS THEN ?????

oh my G - seriously...

WHAT WILL BE THE STRUCTURE FOR FIFTH YEAR?

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *** kissses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

If you did transition year, how did you get on inyour Junior cert?

When I went into 1st class I was warned it would be very tough, the same for 3rd class, then for 5th, 1st year of secondry school, 3rd year, 6th year, 1st year of college, the 1st year of college that counts for final degree mark, final year and final year project.

The point is that they are all relative the jump from 3rd year to 5th year is no worse than senior infants to first class, if you have been surviving well OK you will be fine, and fine for the rest of your life too probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 flutterby daisy

yesssssssss

oh! but did anybody do fifth year last year?

i want to know what was left for sixth year!

and - emmmmmmm... what would you change?

**giggless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

You sound like a pain in the ass tbh reading that has ruined my evening ha

To answer your question though myself and everyone I know all felt that 5th is taken a lot more serious than 6th so if I were you i'd focus in 5th and enjoy 6th, there's nothing to fear the Leaving certainly doesn't predict your future so chill out and please in future can you speak proper english thanks

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

To answer your question though myself and everyone I know all felt that 5th is taken a lot more serious than 6th so if I were you i'd focus in 5th and enjoy 6th, there's nothing to fear the Leaving certainly doesn't predict your future so chill out and please in future can you speak proper english thanks

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

no cheeky gal is right, Its very hard to understand what you are trying to say.

• Advertisement

can somebody tell me what they did in their class maybe?

what did you do up to Xmas?

poetry?

shakespeare?

a novel?

a movie?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I think if you tone down the extra unnecessary letters and dots and exclamations and self descriptions - people will respond to you a lot better.

Regarding 5th year, there's no need to freak out, your teachers will guide you as to what to do/what to focus on. You've got 5th and 6th to go through, you'll be fine. Just make sure to pay attention and keep up with things when you go back to school.
    It may seem daunting but really it will be fine.

Also schools vary in how they teach things, like in what order, even some teachers vary. You'll find out your own schedule when you go back to school, knowing someone else's from last year probably won't really help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

Alright, no need for those kind of comments.

flutterby daisy: Please use proper English, it makes it easier for everyone to understand and you'll get more replies. :)

To answer your questions, there's no need for you to be panicking at this stage. If you get yourself worked up, it'll only make it harder for you to cope. 5th Year is usually not that stressful; if you're coming out of 4th year it might be a bit of a shock going back to normal classes but you'll get over it pretty quickly. If you're coming out of 3rd year, you shouldn't find any major difference.

If I recall, we mostly did Shakespeare in 5th Year plus 4 poets. We covered the comparison study and 2 other poets in 6th Year. We didn't do much for Paper 1 because there's only so much studying can help you for that.

Every english teacher is different though, so yours may take a different approach. Anyway, the bottom line is don't get too stressed over it. 5th Year really isn't that big a deal.

:P

SO!

if anybody can actually give me some information as to what they ACTUALLY DID in class and what they ACTUALLY DID at home - that would be SUPERRRRRRRR (with lots of extra RRRRRRRsss) :P

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

:P

SO!

if anybody can actually give me some information as to what they ACTUALLY DID in class and what they ACTUALLY DID at home - that would be SUPERRRRRRRR (with lots of extra RRRRRRRsss) :P

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but is it 5th class you're going into by any chance love

• Advertisement

If I recall, we mostly did Shakespeare in 5th Year plus 4 poets. We covered the comparison study and 2 other poets in 6th Year. We didn't do much for Paper 1 because there's only so much studying can help you for that.

okie dokie. me likey your response. :P

hmmm... i think Hamlett is our shakespeare text... uggh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626572

i might start studying it noww

did you do another play?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is no topic that everyone will do in the run up to Christmas, it will be different for every teacher in every school. Your teachers will have their own preferred way and sequence of covering topics.

What you should do in class is listen.
    What you should do at home is your homework, to the highest level you can.

If you treat every homework as if it's an exam question it will stand to you in the Leaving.

spurious wrote: »
    There is no topic that everyone will do in the run up to Christmas, it will be different for every teacher in every school. Your teachers will have their own preferred way and sequence of covering topics.

duhh! ;)

i know!

I just want to get an idea of what other people did..

particularly the beautiful people who just completed fifth year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

I wouldn't worry about the structure of Fifth Year. I wouldn't worry about the English course. I'd worry about your capacity to communicate clearly and your ability to turn off the silly giggly in order to go about your work in a coherent manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

okie dokie. me likey your response. :P

hmmm... i think Hamlett is our shakespeare text... uggh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626572

i might start studying it noww

did you do another play?
    Yeah, we did Juno & The Paycock as part of our comparitive study. (This was in 2007 by the way.) We didn't cover it until 6th year though.

And it's not necessary to start studying Hamlet yet; I'd suggest just reading it to get acquainted with it rather than actually analysing the whole thing. There'll be plenty of time for that when you're back in school.
    duhh! ;)

i know!

Look, there's no need for the attitude. spurious was only trying to help. Please be a little more grateful when someone gives you adivce.
    spurious is a teacher, so listening to her might do you some good.

Ok -- warning to FlutterbyDaisy - you've already be told by a mod to tone down the msn style chatter and you're being given advice and you're ignoring it or telling them 'well duh' .. if you continue this route it will not be tolerated.
    To everyone else - if you don't like it report it or don't post.

:confused:
    star-pants wrote: »
    Ok -- warning to FlutterbyDaisy - you've already be told by a mod to tone down the msn style chatter and you're being given advice and you're ignoring it or telling them 'well duh' .. if you continue this route it will not be tolerated.
    To everyone else - if you don't like it report it or don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I picture SIXTH YEAR as me at home... crying because i don't know where to start...... also... does anyone even go to school after XMAS THEN ?????
    Yeah they tend to. Shocking I know.

star-pants wrote: »

To everyone else - if you don't like -Flutterbydaisy- report it or don't post.

jeezzzz...

haterz hate away

anyone who can add any insightt into their FIFTH YEAR that would be just GREAT !!! :D

PM ME :P

That's it - I warned it wouldn't be tolerated and I do NOT appreciate being misquoted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement