Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

replacement reg plate?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

Looking to see where i can buy a rear reg plate for my car as it came off while driving,are they usually ordered online or where can they be got?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

If you live anywhere near a main dealer they can do you one up right there and then, although if you live near tallaght there is a cheaper solution.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

any motor factors around the country can make one up while you wait.
    where are you based and somebody can advise you on the nearest location.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 emilyosulz

kceire wrote: »
    any motor factors around the country can make one up while you wait.
    where are you based and somebody can advise you on the nearest location.

limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Halfords out at the Eastway business park do them & have better opening hours than most factors. They're cheap buy are the printed variety, fine for a few years I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Halfords usually ask for your registration documents when doing plates (UK company following UK law still!) so be aware of that. Pretty much any dealer and most independent motor factors can do them too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

MYOB wrote: »
    Halfords usually ask for your registration documents when doing plates (UK company following UK law still!) so be aware of that. Pretty much any dealer and most independent motor factors can do them too.

I've bought plates from them on a few occasions and was never asked for documents

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Onkle wrote: »
    I've bought plates from them on a few occasions and was never asked for documents

Clearly I look like a car cloner then! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

emilyosulz wrote: »
    limerick

Go to Autozone motor factors in the Eastway Business Park, close to where the NCT centre is. I think they charge around €10 per number plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    Go to Autozone motor factors in the Eastway Business Park, close to where the NCT centre is. I think they charge around €10 per number plate.

They charge €15 for a plate(OTC to the public) but just tell them your panel beater told you €10 and they will cough them up.

Tell them though that you want a plain one and not one with Autozone written across the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Airton Motor Centre make them for €12 each. Well they did when I used to work there (2 years ago).

• Advertisement
Advertisement